Latest PC b/s from BBC

Doctor Who…Used to watch it as a kid, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee was my era, but never watched it since tbh.
Anyhoo, latest news… not content with having a woman Dr Who, the next one is a black gay one.
Nothing against black people, nothing against gay people, but ffs, blatant pc ■■■■■■■■ prevail with the right on BBC once again., not to mention tokenism.
At least the Tardis will have some nice curtains now. :smiley:
Looking forward to the ‘non binary’ :unamused: Dr Who waiting in the queue. :laughing:

If they wanted nice curtains in the Tardis they could simply change its outside appearance from phone box to Scania [emoji16]

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Haven’t watched it for years.
Doesn’t matter who plays the doctor, if the storylines are typical BBC woke messaging it will continue to die.

Afro Gay Dr Who v the mixed race transgender bi Daleks.Daleks win on points before they start.

What exactly is wrong with a Black and/or gay Dr. WHO?

He/she is a time lord, not of our world, and regenerates every now and then into a new body. Why would it have to be a white, middle class male?

I didn’t like the female Dr., not because she was female, but because of how she was played.

the nodding donkey:

He/she is a time lord, not of our world, and regenerates every now and then into a new body. Why would it have to be a white, middle class male?

I didn’t like the female Dr., not because she was female, but because of how she was played.

As I said, I have nothing against his race or his ■■■■■■■■■,.and you are right.
Nothing wrong if he was picked for his acting ability, and if he was fair play, I was wrong, good luck to him.
But knowing the BBC,.I’d like to bet a week’s wage it was because he ticked certain political correct boxes .

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

Nothing wrong if he was picked for his acting ability, and if he was fair play, I was wrong, good luck to him.
But knowing the BBC,.I’d like to bet a week’s wage it was because he ticked certain political correct boxes .

He played a gay character, doesn’t mean he is gay, also according to Russell T Davies he blew everyone away at the auditions.
Thought Jodie played The Dr well, but reckon David Tennant was the best of the series so far.

Hope he does a good job

andy187:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:

He played a gay character, doesn’t mean he is gay, also according to Russell T Davies he blew everyone away at the auditions.
Thought Jodie played The Dr well, but reckon David Tennant was the best of the series so far.

Hope he does a good job

Yep he’s an actor, and I ain’t an expert, nor being a straight guy I don’t possess a ‘‘gaydar’’.as they say.
However I ain’t casting aspersions, but I reckon I’d get decent odds at the bookies on which side his bread is buttered.
Rather an unfortunate turn of phrase about ‘blowing everybody away’ at the auditions btw.if it is so. :smiley:
Ok I know…I’m a child. :blush: :laughing:

youtu.be/C0n88tZQc4Q

robroy:
Doctor Who…Used to watch it as a kid, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee was my era, but never watched it since tbh.
Anyhoo, latest news… not content with having a woman Dr Who, the next one is a black gay one.
Nothing against black people, nothing against gay people, but ffs, blatant pc ■■■■■■■■ prevail with the right on BBC once again., not to mention tokenism.
Looking forward to the ‘non binary’ :unamused: Dr Who waiting in the queue. :laughing:

Hey what if we had a black sheriff? in the old westerns??
youtube.com/watch?v=IZT7xLjxuhs

andy187:

robroy:

Ok, but that is making a point about racial prejudice, where as I believe (rightly or wrongly) that the Dr Who thing is as I said tokenism, and an attempt to push boundaries whilst at the same time pander to political correct issues.
Maybe the lad did get the role for his acting ability but if it was me and I suspected what I suspect, I’d tell em to shove the role up their collective arses,.thus making a counter stand for black actors…but I suppose money talks.
For instance you would give Idris Elba the James Bond gig, but maybe not to this guy.
Maybe I’m contradicting myself on that last point, but at least I know what I’m trying to say. :smiley:

robroy:

andy187:

robroy:

Ok, but that is making a point about racial prejudice, where as I believe (rightly or wrongly) that the Dr Who thing is as I said tokenism, and an attempt to push boundaries whilst at the same time pander to political correct issues.
Maybe the lad did get the role for his acting ability but if it was me and I suspected what I suspect, I’d tell em to shove the role up their collective arses,.thus making a counter stand for black actors…but I suppose money talks.
For instance you would give Idris Elba the James Bond gig, but maybe not to this guy.
Maybe I’m contradicting myself on that last point, but at least I know what I’m trying to say. :smiley:

I think james Bond will always be played by a white British actor, but don’t forget Star Trek was crossing the boundaries years before. 1st interracial kiss in the 60s, and various other issues .
Maybe they are tick boxing?
But according to my daughter he is a brilliant actor, and with RTD back at Dr Who hopefully the show will be better as some of the stories in the last season felt a bit weak, even though Jodie did a good job

Dr Who was better during the years it was effective opposition to the then-Labour government.

Funny how the BBC seems to take on itself “being the opposition” regardless of whom is in power…

If only the world’s media could all get behind their current democratically elected leaders…
What the world could achieve!!

I stopped watching Dr Who when they put Capaldi in place, too unscientific, stereotyped as a potty-mouth from “In the Thick of It”, and quite frankly the beginning of deliberately mis-casting people for what was once an iconic character, not to ever be compromised by libtardary…

(I just about managed to ■■■■ in with Ecclestone, because the storylines were good back during the early days of the re-boot…)

Carryfast:
Afro Gay Dr Who v the mixed race transgender bi Daleks.Daleks win on points before they start.

Warning - Contains anti-woke sentiments

Winseer:
Dr Who was better during the years it was effective opposition to the then-Labour government.)

I honestly have nothing………

the maoster:

Winseer:
Dr Who was better during the years it was effective opposition to the then-Labour government.)

I honestly have nothing………

Oh come on - The retorts and sly remarks against the then-establishment - were surely loud-and-clear in sooo many of the storylines!

I was all in favour of a female Dr Who.

I mean, that Tardis must have needed cleaning by then. :wink:

the nodding donkey:

I don’t remember the Galifrey scenes from previous episodes - ever showing the Galifreyans, Dr Who’s own race - doing anything more avant-garde than wearing silly hats…

There was no “Gender Zonk”, although I remember some character called Alpha Centauri, a strange name for someone in an Eyeball suit, bearing in mind it is our next-door star system here rather than “relative to Galifrey”…

Dr Who was at it’s best - when Labour were in power, rather than when BBC were in opposition - let’s face it. :bulb: