e-scooters.

Are we about to see an influx of e-scooters on public roads as Grant shapps plans to lift the ban on privately owned e-scooters, An announcement is expected in the Queens speech on May 10th. transport-network.co.uk/RAC … tion/17690

Be interesting to see if privately owned e scooters are allowed for the plebs.
At the moment in many towns its fine to rent one but not own one for use on public roads, getting us used to owning nothing and being happy?

Personally i find them a bloody menace ridden too often by the clueless.

Juddian:
Be interesting to see if privately owned e scooters are allowed for the plebs.
At the moment in many towns its fine to rent one but not own one for use on public roads, getting us used to owning nothing and being happy?

Personally i find them a bloody menace ridden too often by the clueless.

I see them as e-litter. Crap dumped thoughtlessly in streets when no longer needed…

If I lived in the city I’d fancy one myself tbh, they look cool. :smiley:

I was on outskirts of Birmingham one Saturday morning last year, heading to Cadbury factory, it was dark and foggy.
In the distance I could see this what looked like a weird floating apparition of a figure in front of me in the distance, ,.I thought it was the ■■■■ from reaper ffs . :open_mouth: :laughing:
As I approached it , it was a bloke on a E scooter in a black hoodie,.and black baggy trackies travelling in front of me in same direction…it scared the crap out of me at first. :laughing:

I wonder how PC Plod will police these things being ridden anti-socially? If my area is anything to go by they will have their work cut out as they use the pavements & roads will ne’er a care in the world for pedestrian or road safety. The new legislation will bring out masses of these things onto public roads and e-scooters being limited to 15.5 mph I wonder where they will fit into the new highway code hierarchy.

Its in my local newspaper tonight that two students from the Newcastle area have been captured over the top with drink riding these scooters they have both been fined, And banned for 12 month, I bet they wish now that they both walked to their local and had a bit more to drink Eh :exclamation: