Religion.

robroy:

Juddian:
Whether one believes in a God isn’t really the issue.

What becomes more certain every day is that pure evil, by whatever name one may know it, has been dilligently working and appears to be winning by quite some margin.
It thrives on mammon corruption and cruelty, sadly these are attractive traits for so many of the lost.

It’s been like that since time immemorial Juddian, but I reckon you know that.
Maybe that is how or why the very first religion started ,.some guy saw what the world and the dark side of human nature was like,.and he thought…
‘‘Hey I know,.I’ve got a cunning plan :sunglasses: ,.I’ll make summet up to make people tow the line,.a made up being or a god to fear, that will make people think twice if they think there is some life after death or another,.and the choice is theirs if they live it up or end up down the khazi’’…(I’m paraphrasing btw.,.that is not the vernacular of your everyday prophet. :laughing: )
Then others got the same idea,.and boom , numerous religions.
I knew I should have studied Theology at school,.I’m a natural, …I like the sound of …‘‘Reverend Rob’’. :sunglasses:
:laughing:

Ironically my take on it is that it’s more about explaining the meaning of life and how why we’re here.
Also don’t think that only believing just based on the idea and promise of an easy ride in the after life will cut it on arrival there.