Centre Parcs

I said I’d pay for a few days for my girls birthday , now I thought it would be £5/6/700 for a few days
I’ve been told it’s £1,500 for mon -fri ( might be thurs but think fri ) , October , she’s paid it I’ve just got to put the money in her bank
Has anyone been there ( Worksop ) , what the bloody hell do you get for £1,500 for 4 days ( apparently a hot tub is one thing according to her ) , I mean October is not peak holiday time ( I thought holiday parks were closed by then )
Or am I out of touch , and £1,500 is the going rate for a few days on a holiday park in this country , post covid etc. , ta

Supply and demand, innit? If they can sell out a the prices they charge, why would they charge any less? Having said that, you’d probably pay as much to rent a holiday cottage somewhere and I know a narrowboat is a couple of grand a week to hire.

dozy:
I said I’d pay for a few days for my girls birthday , now I thought it would be £5/6/700 for a few days
I’ve been told it’s £1,500 for mon -fri ( might be thurs but think fri ) , October , she’s paid it I’ve just got to put the money in her bank
Has anyone been there ( Worksop ) , what the bloody hell do you get for £1,500 for 4 days ( apparently a hot tub is one thing according to her ) , I mean October is not peak holiday time ( I thought holiday parks were closed by then )
Or am I out of touch , and £1,500 is the going rate for a few days on a holiday park in this country , post covid etc. , ta

Depends when exactly in October you have booked, prices tend to go up for the last two weeks of that month due to the schools’ half term. (Tattie picking week as we used to call it)
As mentioned due to supply and demand UK self catering / hotels etc have seen price increases due to the limitations in foreign travel.
We are currently looking at s/c accommodation for two for a week in October and there is sometimes a £300 / £400 difference between the beginning and the end of the month.
Tyneside

Ok ta , about right then , I guess I’m out of touch with prices