Wrapped furniture

Mrs is about to order fitted wardrobes ( £6500 , madness ) , but what I’ve never heard of is wrapped doors , the £6500 was the initial quote for painted wood doors , but they said we could have wrapped doors for £1200 cheaper ( which eventually was £600)
I’ve never heard of wrapped doors , or not in a house , I’d of thought they’d of been dearer than a painted door , apparently not
After seeing the state of some lorry wraps after a few years I’m no t keen on them , though the £600 saving is tempting
So has any one had wrapped wardrobe doors , how did they fair long term etc etc , ta

if they are anything like whats on my kitchen units ,think val singleton and sticky back plastic .( to be fair the flat is 13 yr old now so the peeling on top ledge of the doors is probably to be expected). personally i would prefer paint if i was in the market to change my kitchen .

6 and a half k for a ■■■■ wardrobe? :open_mouth:
I’d be having a word if it was me doze mate. :smiley:

robroy:
6 and a half k for a [zb] wardrobe? :open_mouth:
I’d be having a word if it was me doze mate. :smiley:

I know rob , madness , her mate had a quote from the same people ( local firm ) for £29,000 for a kitchen , she told them to ■■■■ off , so I guessed these fitted wardrobes we’re going to be a stupid price
But I’m afraid the mrs wants it , as she says she works , so nothing I can do , but yes 6+ grand for some wardrobes doesn’t half make you wonder

syramax:
if they are anything like whats on my kitchen units ,think val singleton and sticky back plastic .( to be fair the flat is 13 yr old now so the peeling on top ledge of the doors is probably to be expected). personally i would prefer paint if i was in the market to change my kitchen .

This is what I was thinking , give it a few years and it will look a mess then what do you do , will go painted ,ta

Wrapped or painted it sounds like the finish of the wood is simply terrible. For that price I’d expect hand-made by a master-craftsman cabinet maker, from solid hardwood with an intricate veneer inlay.

cav551:
Wrapped or painted it sounds like the finish of the wood is simply terrible. For that price I’d expect hand-made by a master-craftsman cabinet maker, from solid hardwood with an intricate veneer inlay.

For 6 and a half grand ,.I’d expect a free holiday cruise thrown in… :smiley:
Nah sod the wardrobe I’d spend the 6 and a half on the cruise. :laughing: