Will Smith getting some stick in media

The pc crew are saying Will Smith should have his Oscar taken off him for assaulting Chris Rock on stage. :unamused:
Good on him I say, the man’s wife who was sat beside him was being publicly ridiculed and humiliated… and for having a medical condition (alopecia) …wtf do they expect.
If some ■■■■■■ insulted by wife, in the pub … let alone on an international stage witnessed by millions, I would have not just gave him a slap as Smith did, the ■■■■ would have been on his vack, presumably as any man worth his salt would to defend and stand up for his wife.

youtu.be/myjEoDypUD8

Real life isn’t the movies.
A punch like that could potentially kill someone especially if they aren’t expecting it.
Resulting in a charge of manslaughter or 2nd degree murder.
Not exactly a sensible response when just calling him a scumbag would be enough.

Dont give a ■■■■ about over paid under talented celebs that have no purpose in life bit to massage their own egos and make disgusting amounts of money from their questionable abilities .

A mere publicity stunt …

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

He initially laughed at the joke, saw his wife wasn’t happy THEN decided to take a radge. All for show if you ask me. (apart from that I really couldn’t give a toss)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh ok fair enough, in real terms I don’t ‘‘give a toss’’ either, …in fact l don’t even like Will Smith tbh.
I was coming at it from a ‘matter of principle’’ point of view, and commenting on it purely as the tv news has been full if it all day,.that is all.
My main point was taking personalities out if it for a moment, that a bloke was getting criticised just for defending his wife, rather than being congratulated for it.

Truckulent:
Dont give a [zb] about over paid under talented celebs that have no purpose in life bit to massage their own egos and make disgusting amounts of money from their questionable abilities .

A mere publicity stunt …

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

+1

No it was wrong he could have humiliated Chris in many ways without resorting to violence and certainly not on a live TV show let alone drop the f bomb twice.

People need to get less ■■■■ hurt over words and jokes, they are meant as a joke, not as a serious comment or to mean any real harm to people in the context it was in…

Then to accept his award and snivel like a little child made it all the worse.

Chris just took it on the chin and carried on the best he could given the shock of what happened.

And clearly it seems most disagree with Will’s actions over it and now too late he’s now apologised apparently on twitter to Chris. Because he knows it was a disproportionate response, and with all the complaints about it from the academy launching an investigation etc, he’s now trying to make up for it. Too little too late I’m afraid.

Sadly he has not done his career any good by his actions that night, and yes people may say that Chris hasn’t done his career much good either and probably true as well.

I won’t even go into how that woman treats Will, with their supposed open marriage and her being unfaithful to him, and the way they have publicly aired things about that in the open.

There is more to it probably but he’s a role model to lots of youngsters and as such should behave like one, when you’re in the public eye it can only go one way.

Sent from my CPH2173 using Tapatalk

Duplicate post oops.

Triplicate post oops.

If Will Smiths Missus doesn’t like jokes about alopecia that’s hair loss.

the maoster:

Boom tish are you here all week?

When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble at the Oscars.
I got in one little fight with Chris and my mom got scared
She said, “You’re movin’ with your auntie and uncle in Bel-Hair”

Talk about “keeping you’re hair on”

these people thrive on publicity, their (lucrative ) careers depend on it. as they say in showbiz "theres no such thing as bad publicity. i can imagine them both being invited onto chat shows (for a £££) to talk about the incident. may well have been preplanned ■■

@simcor.
Ok…So if I met you and your Mrs in a pub,.and made some sort of crass comment out loud about some kind of obvious medical condition that she had, and was sensitive about, or even a comment about her physical appearance, where everybody in the pub heard and laughed,.and your Mrs was clearly hurt and humiliated (publicly!) by my comnent, you would have been so angry that you would have…

Come back at me with some stunning repartee worthy of Oscar Wilde eh?
Aye right you obviously come from a different area that I do. :smiley:

the maoster:

My eldest lass suffered very mild alopecia briefly when she had her little girl.
She knows I love her dearly and she also knows my sense of humour, which she takes after me for that we share.
I said to her reassuringly… ‘‘Never mind pet,.I had the same thing at your age, and it did ME no harm…just look at me now’’ :laughing:

2021 had the lowest viewing ratings ever, for the awards. 2022, over 48 hours after the show, it’s still being discussed on a hairy arsed truckie’s forum. That’s publicity at its finest, a clearly scripted stunt.
It was only a girly, open handed, little smack. If Smith was fair dinkum, the other bloke would have been on his back, leaking claret.

Carryfast:
A punch like that could potentially kill someone

Real life isn’t like Wikipedia. It was a ■■■■■ slap, nothing more, nothing less.

the maoster:

Carryfast:
A punch like that could potentially kill someone

Real life isn’t like Wikipedia. It was a ■■■■■ slap, nothing more, nothing less.

But next it will be handbags at dawn.

robroy:
@simcor.
Ok…So if I met you and your Mrs in a pub,.and made some sort of crass comment out loud about some kind of obvious medical condition that she had, and was sensitive about, or even a comment about her physical appearance, where everybody in the pub heard and laughed,.and your Mrs was clearly hurt and humiliated (publicly!) by my comnent, you would have been so angry that you would have…

Hypothetical crap. We are talking about what happened there at the Oscars with 2 “celebs” on a live TV show.

Completely different scenarios.

simcor:

robroy:
@simcor.

Hypothetical crap. We are talking about what happened there at the Oscars with 2 “celebs” on a live TV show.

Completely different scenarios.

:laughing:
Hypothetical…definitely.
Crap…may well be.
But nice cop out instead of answering the question.
I’ll assume that my conclusion of my ‘hypothetical crap’ is true then.
Where as I would more than likely have gone down the Will Smith route.
Cheers.