Bagged Compost.

I found out something else today! Being a keen gardener with a passion for growing tomatoes,aubergines,chillis, bell peppers in my two greenhouses I found out peat compost is being phased out from this year, Between 2022-2024 Peat Free compost will only be available and lots of retailers have already stopped selling it.
I’ve just been to load the car up with 75ltr bags of the good stuff before it disappears from my local retailer. :slight_smile:
All to do with the Net Zero climate change policy the UK is signed up to, 250000 hectres of UK peat land will have to be restored by 2030 apparently. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:
I found out something else today! Being a keen gardener with a passion for growing tomatoes,aubergines,chillis, bell peppers in my two greenhouses I found out peat compost is being phased out from this year, Between 2022-2024 Peat Free compost will only be available and lots of retailers have already stopped selling it.
I’ve just been to load the car up with 75ltr bags of the good stuff before it disappears from my local retailer. :slight_smile:
All to do with the Net Zero climate change policy the UK is signed up to, 250000 hectres of UK peat land will have to be restored by 2030 apparently. :open_mouth:

That will be a lot of people out of work around Street and Glastonbury in Somerset as there’s at least 3 compost places there

More like removing another potential alternative fuel source to create their all electric captive market.
How does peat thrown on the garden add to CO2.

S’ok people in such jobs arn’t important in the planned utopia, they’ll own nothing and be happy just like comrade Klaus and his disciples have planned, this net zero ■■■■■■■■ is going to have all sorts of repercussions, thankfully most of the effects won’t matter to the more equal…until the money runs out and the pitchforks get sharpened.

Thanks for the tip though.

blue estate:

lancpudn:

That will be a lot of people out of work around Street and Glastonbury in Somerset as there’s at least 3 compost places there

Are there many peat bogs around Street or Glastonbury?

Franglais:

I guess it means peat compost manufacturing.Not peat mining.
If it’s not being burnt how does it create CO2.

Franglais:

blue estate:

lancpudn:

The report I read from May 21 didn’t really name specific areas of the UK. I’ll try to find the latest one I read on my other desktop PC later.
edie.net/news/11/Trees–pea … ls-in-law/

"Also published today is the England Peat Action Plan. Like the England Trees Action Plan, it will be financed through the Nature for Climate Fund, to the tune of £50m between now and 2024.

A key commitment of the Plan is to ban the sale of peat products, including compost, by May 2024. A consultation will launch later this year to determine the specifics of the phase-out. Several retailers have already banned peat products on a voluntary basis, including Dobbies Garden Centres (which has a 2022 target) "and the Co-op. A legally mandated ban would affect two million cubic metres of peat-based compost per year, according to the ECIU.

Franglais:

blue estate:

lancpudn:

Goole the Somerset levels :wink: :unamused:

And when you’ve finished gooling it you can try Google. I realise that your default setting is Devils advocate Franglais, but before you come across all Islington and dismissive these are real people with real jobs who are going to suffer.

the maoster:
And when you’ve finished gooling it you can try Google. I realise that your default setting is Devils advocate Franglais, but before you come across all Islington and dismissive these are real people with real jobs who are going to suffer.

Yep as one of the farms is a small operation of about 4/5 people and the other I would say is about 10/15 all local

blue estate:

Franglais:

blue estate:

lancpudn:

Goole the Somerset levels :wink: :unamused:

Thank you. Of course.

Seems the biggest peat extractor used to be Fison`s, who closed there in 1994, losing 90 jobs.

blue estate:

the maoster:

Yep as one of the farms is a small operation of about 4/5 people and the other I would say is about 10/15 all local

Yep, it will be tough on the individuals. In spite of the industry shrinking for decades, with problems getting licences for many years, but never mind, sound advice is at hand:

the maoster:
Time rolls on and things transform and change. It’s the natural order of life (adapt or die). :smiley:

the maoster:
Like it or not this job is not what it was 10 years ago even, adapt or die is the answer.

Oh wow! ^^ didn’t we used to be married? Seriously mate, how completely devoid of fun is your life?

So I take it that in your usual supercilious manner you’re happy to look down your nose at those you feel are beneath you just because you fancied being a contrarian today?

Juddian:
S’ok people in such jobs arn’t important in the planned utopia, they’ll own nothing and be happy just like comrade Klaus and his disciples have planned, this net zero ■■■■■■■■ is going to have all sorts of repercussions, thankfully most of the effects won’t matter to the more equal…until the money runs out and the pitchforks get sharpened.

Thanks for the tip though.

Wait until the government bring in policies to reduce domestic meat consumption to reduce emissions to abide by the Net Zero regulations, The Beef & land management system have to reduce their emissions by 64% :open_mouth: & that’s not including the dairy industry.
fwi.co.uk/livestock/net-zer … tudy-finds

Just been out to get some more compost to pot-on a load more young tomato plants & the stuff I’ve been buying for ages now has a new logo on the bag, “New Formula” It just means less peat compost in it from what I can gather, The other side of the bag says contains 30% peat compost, They’re weaning us off the good stuff until it’s 100% peat free after this year. :open_mouth:

Carryfast:
More like removing another potential alternative fuel source to create their all electric captive market.

The world’s peat bogs hold far more carbon than all the world’s forests added together. It has been built up in them over the millenia. Simply digging the stuff up releases much of it into the atmosphere, burning or rotting it down releases the rest of it.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Carryfast:

The world’s peat bogs hold far more carbon than all the world’s forests added together. It has been built up in them over the millenia. Simply digging the stuff up releases much of it into the atmosphere, burning or rotting it down releases the rest of it.

Trees actually convert CO2 into Oxygen via photosynthesis.
We’re told that fossil fuel releases CO2 when it’s burnt.Now they are saying it doesn’t need to even be burnt to release it.
These climate scammers can’t even keep their own lies straight.
The truth is burning peat is an alternative to the all electric captive market scam and the scammers want to close that potential loophole down like all the rest.
Just like the bs claims that burning wood in domestic stoves needs to be stopped but burning biomass in a power station is green.
While our gas exports have doubled.
They couldn’t make it up.

Carryfast:

Roymondo:

Carryfast:

Trees actually convert CO2 into Oxygen via photosynthesis.
We’re told that fossil fuel releases CO2 when it’s burnt.Now they are saying it doesn’t need to even be burnt to release it.
These climate scammers can’t even keep their own lies straight.
The truth is burning peat is an alternative to the all electric captive market scam and the scammers want to close that potential loophole down like all the rest.
Just like the bs claims that burning wood in domestic stoves needs to be stopped but burning biomass in a power station is green.
While our gas exports have doubled.
They couldn’t make it up.

Im sure youll be there to aid for “their” creative deficiencies.

I get horse ■■■■ foc from my local stables.

commonrail:
I get horse [zb] foc from my local stables.

I gave up with stable manure because of all the chemicals they pump into horses these days. Unless it’s at least ten years old & well rotted I’m not interested, I use chicken manure pellets mixed in with the “new” compost instead these days.