Petrol diesel hit all time high

Bloomin’ 'eck I was complaining about the price/kWh of electricity the other day but holy moly record highs of £1.48 & diesel £1.51 per litre :grimacing: airqualitynews.com/2022/02/14/h … emissions/

lancpudn:
Bloomin’ 'eck I was complaining about the price/kWh of electricity the other day but holy moly record highs of £1.48 & diesel £1.51 per litre :grimacing: airqualitynews.com/2022/02/14/h … emissions/

But a litre of petrol/diesel contains around 10kwh and more than half the price is tax.
As opposed to 26p + per kWh + equivalent taxes + weight and cost of batteries.

PC Plods vlog about the price of fuel Welcome break on the M62 in West Yorkshire. OUTRAGEOUS. :smiling_imp:
yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ … on-3592367

lancpudn:
PC Plods vlog about the price of fuel Welcome break on the M62 in West Yorkshire. OUTRAGEOUS. :smiling_imp:
yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ … on-3592367

Blyth beats that at £1:80

V power,is getting a bit keen :open_mouth:

The government could reduce the duty and VAT.As it stands they’ll get less revenue because people just won’t bother to travel to maintain budgets.

missing Trump yet?

Juddian:
missing Trump yet?

Yep all those anti Trump, anti fossil fuel, pro Biden supporting, climate believers, seem to be strangely worried about the supply and cost of oil.

Bugger! The price of a barrel of oil has risen to a 8 year high of $130/barrel today :open_mouth:

lancpudn:
Bugger! The price of a barrel of oil has risen to a 8 year high of $130/barrel today :open_mouth:

There’s much worse coming. The price of gas is going to impact the fertilizer companies and as urea is a by product of that, ad blue is going to be expensive too.

lancpudn:

Call it less than 10p per litre increase on the pump price.
When VAT alone forms almost 30p per litre of the price.

My mate in Florida gave me a laugh last night regarding the price of petrol going up by the day, One petrol station there had to resort to using hand written signs informing motorist of the latest prices as their flapper board type cards that they change manually only went up to 5 for the main number of the price, they’ve never ever needed a number higher than 5 for the price of petrol. :grimacing:

lancpudn:
My mate in Florida gave me a laugh last night regarding the price of petrol going up by the day, One petrol station there had to resort to using hand written signs informing motorist of the latest prices as their flapper board type cards that they change manually only went up to 5 for the main number of the price, they’ve never ever needed a number higher than 5 for the price of petrol. :grimacing:

They could have left the numbers as they were but reduce the amount to a quart instead of a gallon.

thelocal.fr/20220313/france … ng-prices/

The French government has announced a package worth 2.0 billion euros ($2.2 billion) to help consumers struggling with soaring fuel prices, with the cost of filling up set to be cut by 15 cents at the pump.
French Prime Minister Jean Castex announced late Saturday that petrol and diesel prices would be reduced by 15 cents per litre from April 1st for four months.

The bill will be slashed by this amount when vehicle owners pay, with the state then reimbursing petrol station owners for the difference.

“That means every time you fill up for 60 euros, you save around nine euros,”

OwenMoney:
https://www.thelocal.fr/20220313/france-announces-fuel-rebate-to-help-drivers-cope-with-soaring-prices/

The French government has announced a package worth 2.0 billion euros ($2.2 billion) to help consumers struggling with soaring fuel prices, with the cost of filling up set to be cut by 15 cents at the pump.
French Prime Minister Jean Castex announced late Saturday that petrol and diesel prices would be reduced by 15 cents per litre from April 1st for four months.

The bill will be slashed by this amount when vehicle owners pay, with the state then reimbursing petrol station owners for the difference.

“That means every time you fill up for 60 euros, you save around nine euros,”

Here were paying around 12p per litre just for the VAT levied on the duty.
I’m done with this scamming government.
The Ukraine bs is obviously being used as a pretext to ■■■■■ savings and incomes in real terms by weaponising inflation and cover for the theft of the country’s fuel resources being flogged off to the highest bidder or more like handed over as appeasement of China.

lancpudn:

Just seen that on the news there today.
Not good.

JS.1973:

lancpudn:

Just seen that on the news there today.
Not good.

And worse still to come regards Particulate Matter 2.5 (PM2.5) The UK environment act has always mirrored the EU emissions standards almost to the letter except for PM2.5. The EU uses the limit of 10 micrograms/cubic metre (WHO-10) whilst the UK limit is 20 micrograms/cubic metre.
The W.H.O. has now set a target of 5 micrograms/cubic metre for Net zero countries which means the UK will be 4 times higher than the new W.H.O. recommendations. I cant find any exact answer as what this will entail for the UK except that the UK PM 2.5 limit will be ‘updated sometime this year’

What will that do to CAZ’s of allowing some older cars into the zone who don’t comply to Euro 6? Any diesel without a catalytic converter would surely be banned. All those mobile & fixed air quality sensors around the country/motorways/towns/cities will have to be re-calibrated otherwise the red alarm bells will be going off as if WWlll has started. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:
And worse still to come regards Particulate Matter 2.5 (PM2.5) The UK environment act has always mirrored the EU emissions standards almost to the letter except for PM2.5. The EU uses the limit of 10 micrograms/cubic metre (WHO-10) whilst the UK limit is 20 micrograms/cubic metre.
The W.H.O. has now set a target of 5 micrograms/cubic metre for Net zero countries which means the UK will be 4 times higher than the new W.H.O. recommendations. I cant find any exact answer as what this will entail for the UK except that the UK PM 2.5 limit will be ‘updated sometime this year’

What will that do to CAZ’s of allowing some older cars into the zone who don’t comply to Euro 6? Any diesel without a catalytic converter would surely be banned. All those mobile & fixed air quality sensors around the country/motorways/towns/cities will have to be re-calibrated otherwise the red alarm bells will be going off as if WWlll has started. :open_mouth:

Diesel is a filthy fuel.The consumption advantage over petrol has already been effectively cancelled out by pump prices let alone the cost of maintaining emissions equipment.
Spark ignition also provides more potential for alternative fuel use.
We’re also self sufficient in petrol supply but North Sea Brent isn’t so good for diesel so diesel is import dependent.
Last but not least it just provides ammunition to the anti car/truck use zealots.
There is now no case for continuing the use of diesel especially given a cut in duty and VAT on petrol.
While the government should abandon net zero.Which is actually just net stupid to the advantage of Commy China.

Bugger!!! Is this the lull before the storm? Although Brent crude has fallen in price more price hikes are ahead the experts are telling us, As half of our diesel is imported & a third from Russia the price of fuel is set to rise with rationing being banded about in Germany & the UK considering it.
"He added that diesel was particularly exposed to price rises, with half of the country’s diesel imported and a third of these imports coming from Russia.

Dr Amrita Sen, director of research at Energy Aspects, said that petrol prices could rise to around £2.40 a litre and that diesel prices of £2.50 to £3 were “definitely in the realms of possibility”.
She also warned that the UK could follow Germany in introducing rationing measures which have already seen BP and Shell reduce diesel wholesales to industry."
fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … rude-falls