Tower Block / Fire

I can hardly believe where we are with fire regulations.

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … rcase.html
theguardian.com/society/202 … -staircase

A tower two and a half times the height of Grenfell…with one stairwell?

Probably better to look at it from the angle of why are people so desperate to want to live in London that they’ll risk living on the upper floors of these death traps.
Looking out over the urban landscape of the zb hole and calling it their ‘great city’.
People have to take responsibility for their own actions and preferences at some point.There are plenty of other parts of the country where they could be living in a nice house with a garden for the same price or less.Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

The odds of death or injury in a highrise fire would be far less than the same on a commute into town. Just sayin’. Personally, I don’t fancy a flat or suburban lifestyle, I’ll stay on my forty acres, taking my chances on the 12 kilometre trip to the closest shop.

As it has been pulled from the agenda it isn’t going to happen agreed the developers were stupid to submit such plans but in it’s current form it isn’t going to happen surely a case of the authorities doing their job.

Mazzer2:
As it has been pulled from the agenda it isn’t going to happen agreed the developers were stupid to submit such plans but surely a case of the authorities doing their job.

At the time of posting the issue was live.
The fire regs in the UK still do allow towers of this height with only one stairwell.

The application being withdrawn, isn`t the same as the authorities refusing permission is it?
The developers said:
"that a plan could be presented “in due course”.
In its comment, the LFB said that for a building with a single escape route, it would expect the developer to have a fire engineer provide a full review to show the block’s resilience to fire, but this had not been carried out. "
insidehousing.co.uk/news/ne … erns-73929

Mazzer2:
in it’s current form it isn’t going to happen

I hope you are right. :smiley:

Chances are if it is re-presented then it will be in a different form you can present any madcap plan you want whether it gets passed or not is another issue and if the LFB are against it I doubt given the consequences of Grenfall a planning panel would pass it

Mazzer2:
Chances are if it is re-presented then it will be in a different form you can present any madcap plan you want whether it gets passed or not is another issue and if the LFB are against it I doubt given the consequences of Grenfall a planning panel would pass it

Bearing in mind the accepted wisdom and LFB’s strategy in the case of a Towering Inferno was ( is ? ) stay where you are don’t attempt to escape wait in your apartment for us to put out the fire, you’ll be fine.
As for the developers maybe in this case someone was bright enough to ask how many buyers are actually going to be stupid enough to want to live in it when we’ve built the thing.
As opposed to London has already reached critical mass where many people are asking themselves why do we really want/need to live in this crap urban jungle.