Maajid Nawaz

Well he has been axxed from LBC. I used to listen to him quite a lot. Gave a good diversity on the show compared to the likes of James O’brien.
independent.co.uk/news/medi … 88809.html

Seems he was booted for calling out how the UK is doing a terrible job with covid and pointing out that in fact everyone does not need to be vaccinated.

adam277:
Seems he was booted for calling out how the UK is doing a terrible job with covid and pointing out that in fact everyone does not need to be vaccinated.

He committed the cardinal sin of going off piste. Unforgivable in the eyes of the state media I’m afraid.

He was on LBC, no? Part of the Global radio network, right? Who owns that? Is it the state? Murdoch?

Dipster:
He was on LBC, no? Part of the Global radio network, right? Who owns that? Is it the state? Murdoch?

No idea who runs them. It’s not one of the big ones though it def not run by the state either.

This is one of the tweets that got him the sack. You don’t upset Ian Dale :stuck_out_tongue:

twitter.com/lbc/status/1373654585596870662
twitter.com/MaajidNawaz/status/ … 2906683392

adam277:

Dipster:

No idea who runs them. It’s not one of the big ones though it def not run by the state either.
:stuck_out_tongue:

Google Global, the owner of LBC. It might surprise you to find that they seem to be an offshore company, via Jersey. Thus I fear the ownership is not easily, if at all, traceable. 1% is owned by a gent living in London, who appears to be one of the founders. I wonder if the offshore company pays any UK tax? But they do appear to have done some interesting financial deals over the years.

Dipster:

adam277:

Dipster:

:stuck_out_tongue:

Google Global, the owner of LBC. It might surprise you to find that they seem to be an offshore company, via Jersey. Thus I fear the ownership is not easily, if at all, traceable. 1% is owned by a gent living in London, who appears to be one of the founders. I wonder if the offshore company pays any UK tax? But they do appear to have done some interesting financial deals over the years.

Either way, I doubt you will deduce it Sherlock.