Tech companies making ev's

The CES tech show in the USA starts today & I’ve been following the lead up to it regards EV’s, The tech giants like Sony, Xiaomi, Apple, and some huge Chinese social media companies are now manufacturing electric cars :open_mouth: . They have all the software tech in the world that today’s EV’s need :open_mouth:
The legacy auto makers are going to lose a lot of nights sleep over this as they just cant compete with them on tech or price.

electrek.co/2022/01/04/sony-may … v-variant/

cartoq.com/xiaomis-first-car-in-2024/

hotcars.com/apple-will-laun … r-by-2025/

Didn’t take long.

the maoster:
Didn’t take long.

Lots of Chinese nuclear power plants incoming.Who needs ICBM’s.
Californians will be happy to use the bus until they are finished.Car ownership and use is so 20th century anyway so maybe no need for the nuclear disaster after all.

the maoster:
Didn’t take long.

Really?
Well, no… Not really.
eu.usatoday.com/story/news/fact … 320286001/

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: . God I’d hate to sit in a pub chatting :smiley:

I actually clicked on one of your links, that’s progress isn’t it? So whilst EV owners weren’t specifically instructed not to charge their vehicles, they were requested not to. That’s put me right in my place!

Franglais:

the maoster:
Didn’t take long.

Really?
Well, no… Not really.
eu.usatoday.com/story/news/fact … 320286001/

It says don’t charge EV’s after a certain time because the electricity supply can’t handle the load.So it’s reasonable to say that EV’s can’t be refuelled on demand like a petrol/diesel fuelled vehicle.Bearing in mind smart meters allow the supplier to control supply on an individual meter basis.

Don’t you just love “social media” by which I imagine is meant Facebook et al? Personally I do not, indeed never have had, accounts on any of them. The amount of dross that circulates there is amazing.