BEATLES Get Back documentaries

A must for all Beatles fans…anybody else watching them?
I’m about 2 hours in.
It dispels the myth they were at each others throats 24/7 as the Let it be film led you to believe for all of these years,.McCartney always said it was wrongly biased,but nobody believed him.
You would think it had just been recorded last week by the way it has been tweaked up and restored.

youtube.com/watch?v=KKt6W7m0MQs

They couldn’t have acheived anything more or better by staying together as a group.It was time to do their own things.The rest is history regardless of Lennon’s naive ideology.

youtube.com/watch?v=UelDrZ1aFeY

youtube.com/watch?v=rblYSKz_VnI

youtube.com/watch?v=A_MjCqQoLLA

youtube.com/watch?v=3XFfUt7HQWM

youtube.com/watch?v=d4ZLt-lWRms

youtube.com/watch?v=VOgFZfRVaww

youtube.com/watch?v=anpjEN9KeJ0

Yeah I’ve been watching this, It’s just amazing watching those songs come out of those practice sessions, The talent of Lennon & McCartney is unbelievable, I’m glad they filmed it on good quality film as the visual quality is superb.
One thing that I noticed was just how much everybody smoked ■■■■ in those days, It just seems weird watching someone smoke in a workplace environment like that.

We’ve watched the first two episodes. It’s remarkable to watch the songs come together, if not slightly frustrating that I know all the words and they don’t yet :smiley:

I’d like to bet that if that ■■■■■■■■■■■■■ had not shot Lennon, there would have been a re.union for Live Aid 85.
Lennon was preparing to move back to the UK just before his death in 8O.
It’s one of those dates where you remember where you were.
I was on a four wheeler down in S Wales that week, I’d been listening to a series of interviews of John by Andy Peebles on R1 all that week., I got back up north and heard the news the next day coming through Workington.
Apparently Peebles got the news when he got off the plane at London returning from the NY interviews.

robroy:
I’d like to bet that if that piece of [zb] had not shot Lennon, there would have been a re.union for Live Aid 85.
Lennon was preparing to move back to the UK just before his death in 8O.
It’s one of those dates where you remember where you were.
I was on a four wheeler down in S Wales that week, I’d been listening to a series of interviews of John by Andy Peebles on R1 all that week., I got back up north and heard the news the next day coming through Workington.
Apparently Peebles got the news when he got off the plane at London returning from the NY interviews.

I first heard the news on my clock radio alarm as I woke up to get to work for 7.30 am start.
This is BBC sure mine was tuned to Capital.

youtube.com/watch?v=Sou00lRncKw

Back at work tomorrow, wife says she’ll miss me but she certainly won’t miss the Beatles :laughing:
I’ve binged out on that (and football) all holiday. :blush: :smiley: .

As I said in o/p those documentaries have changed the official stance of the last year of relationships between each individual of The Beatles.

Never too keen on the early ‘Hold your hand’ ‘She loves you’ type cack, but in their later stuff they were definitely a band that broke new ground in music, experimenting in amalgamating different genres of music with each other, and they went on to influence virtually everybody in popular music thereafter, which is an unarguable point imo.

robroy:
Never too keen on the early ‘Hold your hand’ ‘She loves you’ type cack,

youtube.com/watch?v=QXP0T7PsrTw