What party do you align with?

So what’s your party or who would you vote for?

Personally I’d never vote for lib Dems. Due to them lying on tution fees and introducing the bedroom tax and being apart of David Cameron’s austerity government. Also how they handled the last general election in promising to cancel brexit.

I’d be open to voting Labour but all starmer seems to do is react to what Boris does and he has no vision that he is presenting of what a labour government would do. Also I don’t like how he is dealing with both the unions and Jeremy Corbyn.
Also I think if he was in charge we would be in full lockdown for many months with the possibility of compulsory jabs.

So, on the balance of things I would probably vote Tory
Personally couldn’t give a crap about Xmas parties in downing Street. And I like that bojo is pushing back a little on full lockdowns and vaccine passports. He is a libertarian at heart. Also like that he is investing in infrastructure.

What about we truly Free Thinkers then?
youtube.com/watch?v=R9d7AQyoTrQ

All moot when it isn’t a criminal offence to infiltrate a Party or to stand for election on a manifesto that’s then changed after the votes have been gained.
It’s clear that Boris is the best leader that the LibDems have ever had.

Franglais:

Added another option.
Although that’s really just a protest vote. With our current system parties like that have zero chance of winning lol.

In truth modern British politics is in a real mess. No party impresses me yet nearly all have some members who have an intellect that impresses in terms of evident ability but often misplaced in what I consider wrong ideas! But so many are, in my opinion, absolute numbskulls that I cannot comprehend how they get elected.

Our present elected leaders are impressing me with the depths of foolishness and stupidity they are managing to sink to. The future of the UK doesn’t look good…

Dipster:
In truth modern British politics is in a real mess. No party impresses me yet nearly all have some members who have an intellect that impresses in terms of evident ability but often misplaced in what I consider wrong ideas! But so many are, in my opinion, absolute numbskulls that I cannot comprehend how they get elected.

Our present elected leaders are impressing me with the depths of foolishness and stupidity they are managing to sink to. The future of the UK doesn’t look good…

Maybe I am being too forgiving to the Tory Government.
But.

If Labour was in charge our lockdowns would of been a lot longer. Our Debt which is at stupid levels at the moment would be even higher. From what I have seen of Starmer just indictates that he does not think the government is going far enough with lockdowns and borrowing.

Now, I want a party that is anti lockdown and anti compulsory vaccines. I think BoJo is a libertian at heart. That being said he is being pressured by both scientists and a significant portion of the media and his own party to bring in lockdowns and more restrictions.

It’s a disapointing state of current affaris when a government doing so badly is still the least bad option but that’s what I think is the case at the moment.

Also I want big infrastructure projects built. I think boris will deliver on this.
I want to go back to the times of Isambard Kingdom Brunel when huge projects were undertook and completed.
Boris seems to have that same attiude of getting sometimes ridiculous ideas done. I think its a shame that his idea of a bridge/tunnel connecting NI to Scotland was ruled out I would of supported such a plan.

adam277:
Maybe I am being too forgiving to the Tory Governmen

Also I want big infrastructure projects built. I think boris will deliver on this.
I want to go back to the times of Isambard Kingdom Brunel when huge projects were undertook and completed.
Boris seems to have that same attiude of getting sometimes ridiculous ideas done. I think its a shame that his idea of a bridge/tunnel connecting NI quote]

On your first point, yes, you are.

On your second point nothing is stopping us undertaking great projects with the entrepreneurial drive the Victorians showed. Except that the majority of those projects were funded privately. Boris, in this scenario, would be irrelevant. It is the present British society that seems to lack the drive, and enthusiasm, to stump up their own, not taxpayers’, cash that our ancestors showed.

During the same period the Americans were also investing and building great projects and many citizens invested their cash on the stock market to fund them. Some people got richer, some went broke. Their country grew to what it is today. The same happened in Great Britain. The difference is the the Americans still do so, we in the UK, seem to have lost the habit. And we are where we are today.

On the other hand when Boris or his party get involved we end up wasting vast amounts on “getting sometimes ridiculous ideas done” (your words) such as HS2, the London garden bridge fiasco, the idea of the wholly uneconomical NI bridge/tunnel you mention and, I believe, Brexit.

I would prefer he did not continue as PM, indeed not continue in politics at all. Then again Starmer does not impress me at all.

What to do, eh?

adam277:

Dipster:

Maybe I am being too forgiving to the Tory Government.
But.

If Labour was in charge our lockdowns would of been a lot longer. Our Debt which is at stupid levels at the moment would be even higher. From what I have seen of Starmer just indictates that he does not think the government is going far enough with lockdowns and borrowing.

Now, I want a party that is anti lockdown and anti compulsory vaccines. I think BoJo is a libertian at heart. That being said he is being pressured by both scientists and a significant portion of the media and his own party to bring in lockdowns and more restrictions.

It’s a disapointing state of current affaris when a government doing so badly is still the least bad option but that’s what I think is the case at the moment.

Boris seems to have that same attiude of getting sometimes ridiculous ideas done. I think its a shame that his idea of a bridge/tunnel connecting NI to Scotland was ruled out I would of supported such a plan.

This small Island has a limit on how much ‘infrastructure’ that you can cover it in.At which point it becomes an ugly, artificial, irradiated, treeless, concrete sewer and urban prison with no food growing capacity.
I guess that I’m basically a real Green Party supporter.Green to me means Chlorophyll and plenty of it.
As usual there is no Party to represent that just like my fossil fuel least of all evils energy policy.Don’t know if Reform and Farage might cut it but can’t possibly be any worse than the rest of all the useful idiots combined.

On your first point, yes, you are.

On your second point nothing is stopping us undertaking great projects with the entrepreneurial drive the Victorians showed. Except that the majority of those projects were funded privately. Boris, in this scenario, would be irrelevant. It is the present British society that seems to lack the drive, and enthusiasm, to stump up their own, not taxpayers’, cash that our ancestors showed.

During the same period the Americans were also investing and building great projects and many citizens invested their cash on the stock market to fund them. Some people got richer, some went broke. Their country grew to what it is today. The same happened in Great Britain. The difference is the the Americans still do so, we in the UK, seem to have lost the habit. And we are where we are today.

On the other hand when Boris or his party get involved we end up wasting vast amounts on “getting sometimes ridiculous ideas done” (your words) such as HS2, the London garden bridge fiasco, the idea of the wholly uneconomical NI bridge/tunnel you mention and, I believe, Brexit.

I would prefer he did not continue as PM, indeed not continue in politics at all. Then again Starmer does not impress me at all.

What to do, eh?

I agree most of these projects were financed privately, yet I do not see Boris as irrevalant. I think he is the person pushing people to get into the spirit of thinking big like we did before. Now, my knowledge of previous PMs in the 19th century is lackluster but I imagine either Queen Victoria or previous PMs were the ones pushing for these projects as a way to improve the UK. One PM springs to mind, Benjamin Disraeli.
We have great engineers we just dont have the public will to realize these big projects. This is where BoJo comes in.

As for HS2. I think it is a good idea we scrapped the leeds section of the HS2. HS2 itself though is not a bad idea. And I hope it gets completed.

We just need to start acting a bit like China who have been speeding ahead of us for far too long.edition.cnn.com/travel/article/ … index.html
Its silly that it will take the UK to 2030 ish to complete HS2 which is just a couple hundred miles of track. When China has managed to lay 10,000 in 5 years. Yea, China does not have to worry about routing a train through a crowded country with many buildings in the way but still. its shocking how slow we are at getting stuff done compared to the Chinese.
One factor is obviously that China has a leader for life. Whereas, we have a PM for 5 years then another PM comes in who cuts the project then another PM comes in that changes the project then another PM comes in that funds the project… etc etc. This is the inherit problem with democracy lol.

As for the Garden Bridge. Not too bothered about some London ‘bubble’ project. From what I heard it cost like £200 million. so pretty much chump change. Also seems a lot of the issues were around planning. Think its fair to say its not down to the london major to supervise the project but just to get it green light and ensure funding is there.

I want not to like Boris. But I can not find a reason to justify voting for any other PM.
Yea, I could throw my vote away to the reform party and pretend it counts. Or maybe to Farages next party. but at the end up the day soon as the fail to win they will just disband.

As for Labour. I’ll never vote for them until they bring Corbyn back into the fold. Think what you want of him but he is not an anti semite. And I hate how the media have basically done a smear campaign on him. But that’s what happens when you openly support palestine…

I have no party, the main 2.5 parties are dead and form the uniparty between them.

I’m a natural conservative, the tories in charge of the party have deserted conservatism, just as labour have deserted the genuine working classes whom they thoroughly despise, haven’t voted for one of the main parties for probably 30 years or more.

The alternatives are in disarray splitting the possible vote, no genuine conservative alternative will make any headway until the alternatives thrash out their differences and form one united front, but that won’t be allowed to happen as the bought media will under instruction use their medium to demonise and accuse anyone considering voting for such as 'ists, such techinques work.

Not as it matters because it’s a fair bet that vax for votes will soon rear its ugly head so my right to vote will soon be removed anyway, you can place money on this happening shortly after Johnson (mumbles something vaguely incoherent) or one of the interchangeable tory front bench stooges earnestly announces they have no plans to implement this.

Monster raving looney party

There is no provision in the vote for “None of the Above.”
As said above apart from other things there is too much "short term thinking."One party has 5 years to implement an idea then get it up and running.Then another party destroys it to start another idea.Then continue ad nauseam.

blue estate:
Monster raving looney party

Hey, Bro!

Franglais:

Whichever is the most small government. So I’m politically homeless.

Whoever wears an Elvis suit or wears a fish finger suit (I crowd funded Mr Fish Finger guy who ran for Westmorland in 2017 ■■■■■■■■ :grimacing: I despise the useless barstewards of the main parties as they’re not fit for purpose & have zero merit in this day & age.

Another big issue i have with starmer Is his woke politics.
dailymail.co.uk/news/article … ervix.html

I don’t want a Justin Trudeau running the country. Labour needs to move away from giving a crap about these issues that just do not matter to the public outside of the universities and the London bubble.

I’d also agree that the Tory party is not conservative anymore. Which is a shame. There is very little separating the Tory and labour party atm.

Juddian:
I have no party, the main 2.5 parties are dead and form the uniparty between them.

I’m a natural conservative

The same Conservatives that effectively broke the country in the 1930’s and almost got us overrun by Germany because of defence budget cuts.
The party of Heath, Thatcher, Major, Cameron and now Bozo.
Then just when I thought IDS might be the solution I find out that he is backing a state pension age increase to 75.
While the Party that has stated an intention to end private car ownership/use is now moaning about Kahn ripping off car users by charging them to drive within their own counties.
When it was the Tories who turned them into London Boroughs thereby gifting Kahn his power base.

Carryfast:
[At which point it becomes an ugly, artificial, irradiated, treeless, concrete sewer and urban prison with no food growing capacity.

Ah now you’re exaggerating a bit there. Surrey isn’t quite that bad, it’s not a prison

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
[At which point it becomes an ugly, artificial, irradiated, treeless, concrete sewer and urban prison with no food growing capacity.

Ah now you’re exaggerating a bit there. Surrey isn’t quite that bad, it’s not a prison

Will inside the M25 do or does it have to be outside to count as being Green.

goo.gl/maps/yuer51fdgU8M1KG28

goo.gl/maps/vpgLzxv4PyabpKwK6

Carryfast:

Juddian:

I’m a natural conservative

The same Conservatives that effectively broke the country in the 1930’s and almost got us overrun by Germany because of defence budget cuts.
The party of Heath, Thatcher, Major, Cameron and now Bozo.
Then just when I thought IDS might be the solution I find out that he is backing a state pension age increase to 75.
While the Party that has stated an intention to end private car ownership/use is now moaning about Kahn ripping off car users by charging them to drive within their own counties.
When it was the Tories who turned them into London Boroughs thereby gifting Kahn his power base.

I agree with the state pension increase. Life expectancy has soared and the system was not designed for so many ppl living 80+.
Why do the baby boomers get it so easy? They have had it pretty good most of their lives