Rivian factory in the UK?

Seems the government have been flashing the cheque book to entice the new EV truck start up manufacturer to set up shop in the UK, They make electric pick up trucks & SUV’s, I cant see them selling many of those on these shores but Amazon owns a big slice of this company who also make the new electric Amazon delivery truck. It could be a hub for manufacture of that delivery vehicle though. insideevs.com/news/552439/uk-rivian-incentives/

“The government has offered to build training facilities, a new M5 motorway junction and even open up closed railway lines to secure the deal.
The proposed location of the factory is somewhere on the premises of the 616 acre ‘Gravity’ business park just outside the city of Bristol. The business park offers a range of plots and buildings targeted at high-tech firms and wants to be the UK’s answer to Silicon Valley.” :open_mouth:

I doubt it.

My cynical side reckons that this company knows how desperate Boris’ band is for post-Brexit success stories. So they string Boris & Co along to get a good deal yet sign nothing. This in the hope that the French or another government will come along and wave an even bigger cheque to entice the company there.

In other words using Boris’ mob as useful idiots. Let’s wait and see, eh?

Dipster:
I doubt it.

My cynical side reckons that this company knows how desperate Boris’ band is for post-Brexit success stories. So they string Boris & Co along to get a good deal yet sign nothing. This in the hope that the French or another government will come along and wave an even bigger cheque to entice the company there.

In other words using Boris’ mob as useful idiots. Let’s wait and see, eh?

Yeah you’re right, Rivian hold all the aces & can play the government & all the EU governments to get the best deal. cleantechnica.com/2021/07/03/eu … factories/ The UK needs to be quick to get a slice of this BEV action as 38 new gigafactories are planned in Europe.

The markets are telling you they’re writing off the combustion engine.
The north east is on course for two gigafactories one being in Nissans Sunderland plant & the other being Britishvolt on Teeside coventry.gov.uk/gigafactory