Jack Reacher

Fans of the excellent books were quite rightly outraged when Tom Cruise was cast as Jack Reacher in the two films. Nothing against Cruise as such but in the books
Reacher is a freak of nature; well over six and a half feet tall and over twenty stones of muscle, sinew and pure nastiness so you can kind of see their point!

A new Amazon series starts in Feb 2022 and early reports suggest the series sticks fairly well to the books, and Reacher himself seems to have been perfectly cast.

Judge for yourselves……

youtu.be/aDekbN4EtaE

Looking forward to that, hope it proves to be what we hope and isn’t too smooth.

To be fair to Cruise, he did a good job of portraying the character despite all, though i’d have thought Jim Caviezel (plays our antihero Reece in Person of Interest, series well worth watching) would have been a better choice from the start and as the Lee Child stories arn’t laced with gratuitous ■■■ involving the hero would suit Caviezel’s moral code.

I liked Tom Cruise as reacher. I don’t think height was that much of an issue.

This new actor does look the part. Just depends if he can act. I don’t remember hearing his name before. Hopefully they have got someone who can play the part well.