Dodge muscle cars end of an era

The ground shaking ICE Dodge Charger & Challenger muscle cars are to be silenced & now have an end date of 2024.
The Ford Mustang guys were really ticked off that Ford put the Mustang moniker on the Ford Mach-e Mustang BEV, I wonder if Dodge will do the same & keep the Charger & Challenger monikers for their upcoming BEV “Muscle cars” :question: I cant see the Dodge purist being happy with that.
electrek.co/2021/11/22/the-musc … allengers/

Nice comment below article:
J Bell • 9 hours ago
“They’re gonna discontinue the Charger? Seems like a waste of a great name for an EV”
:smiley:

I love the sound of V8s, and 3 cylinder steam locos, but they are not the future it seems.

Franglais:
J Bell • 9 hours ago
“They’re gonna discontinue the Charger? Seems like a waste of a great name for an EV”

I love the sound of V8s, and 3 cylinder steam locos, but they are not the future it seems.

Agreed…certain engines sound great but for me the thrill is in acceleration.

And EVs generally aren’t lacking there

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Franglais:
J Bell • 9 hours ago

Might get confusing though, when you ask the salesman if your new ev can come with a charger, and the cost goes up by $35k

hideous.PNG

Get ready with the eye bleach for what they’ve done to one of the best looking cars of the last 15 years, yes they dare to call that er thing a Mustang.

I wonder who’ll still be making proper engined cars after 2030, somehow i can’t see the middle east oil rich countries or others taking a blind bit of notice of the west’s owner’s flat out race to self destruction other than to ■■■■ 'emselves laughing at us.

Which is only relevant ‘if’ the agenda is ‘also’ to wipe out the maintanenance/product support and use of existing ‘classic’ ICE powered cars.
Also no one has said that hydrogen fuelled ICE can’t continue after 2035 let alone 2024.

Monkey241:

Franglais:
J Bell • 9 hours ago

Agreed…certain engines sound great but for me the thrill is in acceleration.

And EVs generally aren’t lacking there

So the EV fans will have no issues with EV v ethanol or hydrogen fuelled ICE racing formulas.
0-50 MPH isn’t the same thing as 0-120 mph +.

While it’s all moot when the same agenda is also trying to ban EV’s by moving the goal posts regarding ‘emissions’ and changing the issue to what they always intended in the use of private v public transport.
Not the issue of CO2 caused by burning fossil fuel.Probably because they know that CO2 didn’t cook Venus.

Carryfast:
So the EV fans will have no issues with EV v ethanol or hydrogen fuelled ICE racing formulas.

Indeed. Tesla Model S Plaid 0-60 in 2 seconds, Standinq 1/4 mile 9.25 seconds @ 155mph. Max speed 200mph.

I think you’ll struggle to find any 4/5 seater saloon that can do better.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Roymondo:

Carryfast:

Indeed. Tesla Model S Plaid 0-60 in 2 seconds, Standinq 1/4 mile 9.25 seconds @ 155mph. Max speed 200mph.

I think you’ll struggle to find any 4/5 seater saloon that can do better.

Optimised 4wd traction and EV driveline at an equally ‘optimised’ purchase price starting at around £130k.So not surprising the EV best shot.
But ICE generally allows more mph per £ let alone when the real costs of electric fuelling plus taxes are applied…

youtube.com/watch?v=3O_D6vSHh7U

youtube.com/watch?v=He0uo_jF2qA