New 68 acre Copart site

Sounds like the groundwork is being readied for the en mass recycling of ICE vehicles with Coparts upcoming 68 acre ‘Super Centre’ near Bury St Edmunds and also the quadrupling & doubling of some of their other sites? :open_mouth:

“With an increasing number of severe weather events and an ever-changing car parc due to the rise of electric vehicles, this centre will provide further essential latent storage capacity in the region, adding to Copart’s existing network of Super Centres in the UK.” :open_mouth: atfpro.co.uk/copart-announces-s … f-england/

Corner the market in used parts for vehicles that will increasingly have less if any factory product support makes sense.Bearing in mind the rules only say no new fossil fuelled vehicles after 2030.
Not scrap every fossil fuelled car left on the road by then retrospectively.Or even new alternatively fuelled ICE fuelled vehicles.

Yeah that’s another thing! How many spare parts manufacturers will still be churning out parts in the same quantities after 2030? I wonder how it will affect insurance claims after 2030 when new parts get scarce?

Do Copart know something we don’t? Their site expansion across the country is huge. Are the government about to announce a scrappage scheme or something and the old RAF sites around the country are still full of Dieselgate cars.

Carryfast:
Corner the market in used parts for vehicles that will increasingly have less if any factory product support makes sense.Bearing in mind the rules only say no new fossil fuelled vehicles after 2030.
Not scrap every fossil fuelled car left on the road by then retrospectively.Or even new alternatively fuelled ICE fuelled vehicles.

Hybrids are still allowed up until 2035, which I’m absolutely certain will involve another big U turn and extended once the shortcomings of EV’s for all becomes apparent on so many levels.

bigstraight6:

Carryfast:

Hybrids are still allowed up until 2035, which I’m absolutely certain will involve another big U turn and extended once the shortcomings of EV’s for all becomes apparent on so many levels.

You`re predicting into 2035?

Where were Tesla cars about 15 years ago?
They were a start-up odd ball company…
And here is a news article from 2006…an electric that can travel 100 miles on a charge!

You wanna predict where we will be 15 years from now?

Maybe the current cost increases of running the wrong car are about to accelerate (encourage compliance), someone always knows in advance.

Many years ago i was looking to buy another car, one on a 55 plate i’d been after for a long time came up, right price mileage etc.
Rang up only to be disappointed as it had just sold.

Chap was very well spoken, pure home counties/public school, and he said something odd, not to worry in a few days there will be loads of these for sale, what an odd thing to say?
Week later they then retrospectively back dated the highest VED band to include high bracket cars from 2001, it was currently only those regd after March 23rd 2006 which suffered the highest tax.
So that bloke knew in advance what was coming and (insider trading like) was offloading his high band car before the new VED backdating was announced and its value dropped off a cliff.
Later on that poor decision was reversed and 2001/2006 cars in high bracket were exempted and (so far) still are, but at the time it was a shocker for many.

I suspect the carrot/stick consequences for not complying with the dictats of the day from those running the (presently climate) current scams are about to shift up a gear or three.

Franglais:

bigstraight6:

Carryfast:

You`re predicting into 2035?

Where were Tesla cars about 15 years ago?
They were a start-up odd ball company…
And here is a news article from 2006…an electric that can travel 100 miles on a charge!

You wanna predict where we will be 15 years from now?

Not once did I mention the word predict, it’s just my opinion. Did Nostradamus predict that we would be forced into driving vehicles powered by electric by 2030 (or 2035 if it’s a hybrid) :slight_smile: :laughing:

bigstraight6:
Not once did I mention the word predict, it’s just my opinion.

Tis true you didnt actually use the word “predict”.

bigstraight6:
until 2035, which I’m absolutely certain will involve

But, saying you are “absolutely certain” about what something in 2035 “will involve” sounds, and looks, and walks, like a ducking prediction to me!

Mind you that`s just my opinion. :smiley:

Franglais:

bigstraight6:
Not once did I mention the word predict, it’s just my opinion.

Tis true you didnt actually use the word “predict”.

bigstraight6:
until 2035, which I’m absolutely certain will involve

But, saying you are “absolutely certain” about what something in 2035 “will involve” sounds, and looks, and walks, like a ducking prediction to me!

Mind you that`s just my opinion. :smiley:

Touché old fruit!

bigstraight6:
Touché old fruit!

:smiley:
No worries mate.

There will be a Tesla Battery main traction pack up for grabs in one of Coparts salvage yards. :open_mouth: bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-englan … k-59419664