New threat to tweaked classics

"If you read the bottom section of the picture it says no modifications from standard, software and hardware . Plus you can only have you say on the government website till the 22nd of November. Dynodaze and many other company’s like us up and down the country supplying ,fitting and mapping in modified parts would be out of business over night. :open_mouth:

I know of a couple of mates locally who had the VW “Dieselgate” recall MAP done to their VW cars which rendered them gutless (their words) and instead took them to be remapped elsewhere to get the performance back, Will these cars become illegal under this legislation now? and what about 20 year old classic cars that have been remapped will they become illegal when the MOT guy tests these cars to the original specs?

flickr.com/photos/156827756 … /lightbox/

lancpudn:
"If you read the bottom section of the picture it says no modifications from standard, software and hardware . Plus you can only have you say on the government website till the 22nd of November. Dynodaze and many other company’s like us up and down the country supplying ,fitting and mapping in modified parts would be out of business over night. :open_mouth:

I know of a couple of mates locally who had the VW “Dieselgate” recall MAP done to their VW cars which rendered them gutless (their words) and instead took them to be remapped elsewhere to get the performance back, Will these cars become illegal under this legislation now? and what about 20 year old classic cars that have been remapped will they become illegal when the MOT guy tests these cars to the original specs?

They will.

In 20 years’ time classics and modified won’t be allowed in the road. At least theyll be priced off the road with huge tax rises.

This is where we are heading. Complete control. The unfortunate classic car truck and bike markets are just the very tip of a huge iceberg. Operation Control is already well underway under the heading “environmental”.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

They will.

In 20 years’ time classics and modified won’t be allowed in the road. At least theyll be priced off the road with huge tax rises.

This is where we are heading. Complete control. The unfortunate classic car truck and bike markets are just the very tip of a huge iceberg. Operation Control is already well underway under the heading “environmental”.

It does make you wonder about just what they will allow on the roads within ten years regards emissions as new cars with emissions more than a seagulls ■■■■ will be banned :open_mouth: , For new cars emissions have to come down a further 15% by 2025 when the Euro cat 7 comes into force & by 2030 they have to come down a further 37.5% :open_mouth:

I still have my old Rover 75 2.5 V6 connoisseur Hi-Line model and that model has emissions of 268g/km, it makes me wonder if it’s time to get rid of it as it as I cant see them allowing a car that will be over four times the emission limit compared to new cars being allowed on public roads within a decade. :open_mouth:

“The compromise deal reached on December 17 includes the following key elements on passenger cars.
» New car CO2 emissions, on average, have to reduce by 15% by 2025 and by 37.5% by
2030, relative to a 2021 baseline. Expressed in NEDC terms, using the current 2021
CO2 target of 95 g/km as the baseline, these reductions would translate into a target
value of 81 g/km (2025) and 59 g/km (2030) (Figure 1)”

lancpudn:

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

They will.

It does make you wonder about just what they will allow on the roads within ten years regards emissions as new cars with emissions more than a seagulls ■■■■ will be banned :open_mouth: , For new cars emissions have to come down a further 15% by 2025 when the Euro cat 7 comes into force & by 2030 they have to come down a further 37.5% :open_mouth:

I still have my old Rover 75 2.5 V6 connoisseur Hi-Line model and that model has emissions of 268g/km, it makes me wonder if it’s time to get rid of it as it as I cant see them allowing a car that will be over four times the emission limit compared to new cars being allowed on public roads within a decade. :open_mouth:

“The compromise deal reached on December 17 includes the following key elements on passenger cars.
» New car CO2 emissions, on average, have to reduce by 15% by 2025 and by 37.5% by
2030, relative to a 2021 baseline. Expressed in NEDC terms, using the current 2021
CO2 target of 95 g/km as the baseline, these reductions would translate into a target
value of 81 g/km (2025) and 59 g/km (2030) (Figure 1)”

It’s such a shame as I love classic motors. But their days are numbered - I’d be thinking of selling whilst it still has some value.

The EcoWarriors have a bee in their bonnets and aren’t going to be satisfied until all ICE are off the road. The fact it will make bugger all difference to emissions wont worry them. They already have the red mist over this.

The decisions have already been made I’m afraid. Consultations happen because they legally have to, not because they plan on taking any notice of them.

Once everyone has bought (literally and metaphorically) into the whole EV fiasco ther next money making scam based on project fear will be along shortly to make even more money.

Wont be long before we return to Edwardian levels of transportation with only the wealthy being able to afford private travel/hols etc… The rest of us will get a day out in Blackpool once a year if we’re lucky.

The speed regime has effectively put beyond use anything with serious performance on the road anyway or finally will do if/when Germany imposes a limit on the autobahns.
I think those of us luckily with only around 20 years or less life left will do whatever it takes to keep real cars running at off road events.No point in trying to flog them.
No doubt the control freaks will do whatever they can to try to hinder that.Including those who seem to have got control of race circuits and drag strips.Probably seeing them as a development opportunity.
There’s still just the outside possibility that these anything but green communists will ■■■■ off enough people to create the required backlash in high places against them.
The car scene contains a lot of rich influential people not just working class oiks and a Ferrari has always been an engine with a free body attached to it.
Sort of irrelevant if/when everything has an electric motor in it at best.
Or engines have seized for lack of parts to maintain them in running condition.Would prefer to see the Jag go the latter way than put an electric motor in it.Luckily I won’t be around for long after that point but cursing not being born 10 or 20 years earlier.

a Labour MP,can’t remember his name,talking to Juliet Hartley-Brewer,said the elites won’t be happy till we’re all living in a clearance in the woods :frowning:
as the owner of 3 or 4 classic bikes and cars,i will be riding/driving them as much as i can before the eco fanatics completely take over :cry:

carryfast-yeti:
a Labour MP,can’t remember his name,talking to Juliet Hartley-Brewer,said the elites won’t be happy till we’re all living in a clearance in the woods :frowning:
as the owner of 3 or 4 classic bikes and cars,i will be riding/driving them as much as i can before the eco fanatics completely take over :cry:

He obviously won’t make ‘Labour’ leadership material.
There’ll be plenty of clearances in the woods when they’ve burnt all the trees for biomass.
Moot when the local nuclear power station goes bang or nuclear waste leaks into the water supply.

Carryfast:
The speed regime has effectively put beyond use anything with serious performance on the road anyway or finally will do if/when Germany imposes a limit on the autobahns.
I think those of us luckily with only around 20 years or less life left will do whatever it takes to keep real cars running at off road events.No point in trying to flog them.
No doubt the control freaks will do whatever they can to try to hinder that.Including those who seem to have got control of race circuits and drag strips.Probably seeing them as a development opportunity.
There’s still just the outside possibility that these anything but green communists will ■■■■ off enough people to create the required backlash in high places against them.
The car scene contains a lot of rich influential people not just working class oiks and a Ferrari has always been an engine with a free body attached to it.
Or engines have seized for lack of parts to maintain them in running condition.Would prefer to see the Jag go the latter way than put an electric motor in it.Luckily I won’t be around for long after that point but cursing not being born 10 or 20 years earlier.

The no-speed limit autobahn is back on the agenda again since the German election, The Greens have been trying for years to get a lower limit on there. Regards tweaking / remaps here in Blighty I wouldn’t be surprised if there are changes to the MOT in the not too distant future where a scanner will be plugged into the OBD to check all parameters of the vehicle & nothing would be hidden. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

The no-speed limit autobahn is back on the agenda again since the German election, The Greens have been trying for years to get a lower limit on there, I wonder what will happen when the mandatory speed limiters are fitted to all new cars in 2022!!! Will a new national limit be on the autobahn by then :question: . Regards tweaking / remaps here in Blighty I wouldn’t be surprised if there are changes to the MOT in the not too distant future where a scanner will be plugged into the OBD to check all parameters of the vehicle & nothing would be hidden. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

The no-speed limit autobahn is back on the agenda again since the German election, The Greens have been trying for years to get a lower limit on there. Regards tweaking / remaps here in Blighty I wouldn’t be surprised if there are changes to the MOT in the not too distant future where a scanner will be plugged into the OBD to check all parameters of the vehicle & nothing would be hidden. :open_mouth:

The fact that it hasn’t got the original ECU to run all that lot and the distributorless ignition system isn’t exactly a mystery everytime they open the bonnet at the MOT station.
Or the modified exhaust which I’m planning to now remove even the twin outlet TWR back boxes which is all it has to reduce the Merlin on steroids sound that it all makes.
Sorry it looks like a DB601 for some reason.But you’ll get the idea when it’s not upside down.