New threat to tweaked classics

lancpudn:

Carryfast:
The speed regime has effectively put beyond use anything with serious performance on the road anyway or finally will do if/when Germany imposes a limit on the autobahns.
I think those of us luckily with only around 20 years or less life left will do whatever it takes to keep real cars running at off road events.No point in trying to flog them.
No doubt the control freaks will do whatever they can to try to hinder that.Including those who seem to have got control of race circuits and drag strips.Probably seeing them as a development opportunity.
There’s still just the outside possibility that these anything but green communists will ■■■■ off enough people to create the required backlash in high places against them.
The car scene contains a lot of rich influential people not just working class oiks and a Ferrari has always been an engine with a free body attached to it.
Sort of irrelevant if/when everything has an electric motor in it at best.
Or engines have seized for lack of parts to maintain them in running condition.Would prefer to see the Jag go the latter way than put an electric motor in it.Luckily I won’t be around for long after that point but cursing not being born 10 or 20 years earlier.

The no-speed limit autobahn is back on the agenda again since the German election, The Greens have been trying for years to get a lower limit on there. Regards tweaking / remaps here in Blighty I wouldn’t be surprised if there are changes to the MOT in the not too distant future where a scanner will be plugged into the OBD to check all parameters of the vehicle & nothing would be hidden. :open_mouth:

The fact that it hasn’t got the original ECU to run all that lot and the distributorless ignition system isn’t exactly a mystery everytime they open the bonnet at the MOT station.
Or the modified exhaust which I’m planning to now remove even the twin outlet TWR back boxes which is all it has to reduce the Merlin on steroids sound that it all makes.
Sorry it looks like a DB601 for some reason.But you’ll get the idea when it’s not upside down.