COP 26 Police electric motorbikes

Police Scotland have been splashing the cash on a fleet of Harley Davidson ‘Live wire’ electric motorbikes. These bikes start at just under £30000 for the base model :open_mouth: electrek.co/2021/11/01/police-a … qus_thread

Look pretty smart

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Can you wire them up in series?

Wheel Nut:

Only in pairs.
Training video for the abandoned previous plan.
youtube.com/watch?v=TmZqO_9dZbA
When they realised that only one bike could make use of the higher voltage and snapped the cables when it accelerated.

Wheel Nut:

Looks as if they they have to be in parallel…that’s how they are in the picture.

The whole COP26 thing makes me puke - hundreds of delegates with an entourage of thousands flying in from the last junket in Rome, many of them on private jets and then travelling in multi-vehicle motorcades. Too daft to laugh at. Couldn’t they have set an example to the watching world by doing as lots of business people do, and have a video conference of some kind from the comfort of their own offices? I wonder how much actual use those electric Harleys will get after the show has moved on? And I wonder how much the whole sham will have cost the people of Glasgow?

The article says Police Scotland ate receiving support from HD. The bikes are on ■■■■■■ duties for a few weeks.
It doesn’t say they have been bought nor that will be on normal duties after the talks…
Is it just (free?) publicity for HD? And greenwash for the police?
They look like they’re long wheelbase with shallow head angle. Good for straight lines but not for traffic weaving?
Bet you won’t be seeing them on patrol later.

Franglais:

■■■■ right you won’t. Even an extremely competent bike cop would struggle to keep up with a scrote on a Piaggio 50cc on a Hardly Rideable. The front would wash out on the first corner.

the maoster:

Franglais:

■■■■ right you won’t. Even an extremely competent bike cop would struggle to keep up with a scrote on a Piaggio 50cc on a Hardly Rideable. The front would wash out on the first corner.

Who needs the Piaggio in this brave new world.

youtube.com/watch?v=gWYRhaOd1PE

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

Only in pairs.
When they realised that only one bike could make use of the higher voltage and snapped the cables when it accelerated.

They’re not Harleys, there’re Honda CB 750s.

Star down under.:

Carryfast:

Wheel Nut:

Only in pairs.

They’re not Harleys, there’re Honda CB 750s.

Kwackers according to the badges and they aren’t really electric wired together in series.

But just seemed to match the formation riding needed for what Wheelnut was describing.At least until Ponch decided to try a 55 mph wheely with all that Electric power at his disposal.

I prefer the 4 wheels of the 80 hp mobility scooter I’m sure there’s a way of adding even more power to that and I don’t have a bike licence and can have a few pints with that without it affecting the car licence.I’m gradually getting used to the brave new electric utopia.