You wont be needing a car in Leeds

:open_mouth: The new plans involve:

Reducing CO2 emissions from transport by 43% by 2030
Reducing car mileage by 30% and increasing bus usage by 130%
Completing the first phase of investment in public transport
Understanding how travel patterns have changed during the Covid-19 pandemic
Reviewing policies on road space re-allocation
Working alongside the Mayor and West Yorkshire Combined Authority to secure more government funding
Continuing with travel behaviour Initiatives. airqualitynews.com/2021/10/14/l … eed-a-car/

Another excuse to dig up the roads in Leeds, and when they’ve done that they’ll dig them up again for HS2

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:
Another excuse to dig up the roads in Leeds, and when they’ve done that they’ll dig them up again for HS2

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

And then realise it isnt working and spend a fortune putting it all back again.

The trouble with ideology is that it almost never works in practice.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

From what I’ve read about “Reviewing policies on road space re-allocation” It means they will take away some on-street parking.
Quite a few council authorities CAZ’s are starting in May next year, Wigan being one of them. wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Envir … -Plan.aspx
I see they’ve now included Motorhomes in CAZ’s & will incur £60 daily charge. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:
From what I’ve read about “Reviewing policies on road space re-allocation” It means they will take away some on-street parking.
Quite a few council authorities CAZ’s are starting in May next year, Wigan being one of them. wigan.gov.uk/Resident/Envir … -Plan.aspx
I see they’ve now included Motorhomes in CAZ’s & will incur £60 daily charge. :open_mouth:

Not heard much in Liverpool, but its only a question of time.
The widening of the scheme in London makes me wonder about owners of older cars. How do you just upgrade? Not so easy for a lot of people.

Janos:

lancpudn:

The widening of the scheme in London makes me wonder about owners of older cars. How do you just upgrade? Not so easy for a lot of people.

Most of the countries CAZ’s were put back 12 months because of the pandemic, Greater Manchester’s CAZ’s start on the 30th May next year. The installation of 850 ANPR cameras & 2000 signage has already started and will cover all ten authorities.
Manchester
Salford
Bolton
Bury
Rochdale
Stockport
Tameside
Wigan
Oldham
Trafford

Another one! there’s a decision on Sheffield’s CAZ next week :open_mouth: airqualitynews.com/2021/10/20/d … field-caz/

Janos:

lancpudn:

You dont… You have to ■■■■ up paying or find alternatives. The green ■■■■■■■■ is a charter to tax people and make life easier for the rich. In 100 years life will be like Edwardian Britian for the low income folk. Cant afford holidays, transport and know your place.

Truckulent:

Janos:

lancpudn:

You dont… You have to ■■■■ up paying or find alternatives. The green ■■■■■■■■ is a charter to tax people and make life easier for the rich. In 100 years life will be like Edwardian Britian for the low income folk. Cant afford holidays, transport and know your place.

Yup, dunno why everyone’s panicking about charging their must have electric car, they haven’t twigged yet that us plebs and our own private transport aren’t part of the green utopia they have planned.

Truckulent:

Janos:

lancpudn:

Indeed, this race to the bottom will be the biggest roll back in living standards, social mobility and equality that the working class in this Country have seen for a generation. But come the time when the growing realisation of this comes there will be a almighty backlash.
I work very hard and want to drive my old ICE vehicles that I actually own (no PCP here), have a nice holiday in the sun once a year, warm house in the winter and eat meat. All of the things that the middle class, left wing media (yes you BBC) and virtue signalling celebrities think I shouldn’t be allowed to do anymore.