Furlough ending (let them sink ? )

With Furlough ending but the TUC crying saying the gov should keep it going :imp: what are your views ?
My view is if a company still needs to use furlough now it won’t recover so let it sink and put the money in to better things
What’s yours ?

I’d of thought it would be the workers who will suffer , they’ll loose there jobs , not sure why companies will go bust

Sink. The Gov aren’t paying furlough, taxpayers are.

Definitely sink, things are mostly back to normal now and any job that isn’t is unsustainable. Mind you GP’s still seem to be hiding behind the pandemic and not engaging in face to face consultations and they didn’t even go on furlough.

It should stop. You cannot live on debt and that is exactly what is happening here.

We should also rejig our whole welfare system.

Yes, people need help when bad times roll (with the exception of really debilitating medical conditions of course) but instead of just paying out welfare and helping with accommodation on what appears to be an open-ended basis we should provide such help for a limited period, during which time the person in receipt should be aided to overcome their problem.

Such as re-training for a job, for example, in the full knowledge that their future really does depend on it. Our futures normally do depend on our own efforts. It should be the aim for all of us but the current welfare system does seem to encourage people to take the welfare and do bugger all.

What do you think?

It never ceases to amaze when you see someone interviewed and they say they have been unemployed for x amount of years, how is that possible? I would operate a refuse 3 jobs and your dole money is gone policy. No matter how crap a job is once you are in work you will make contacts and find a better job it is much easier to find work when you’re in work, the majority on here who improved their job situation will have done it through speaking to someone while at work.