£950million for EV chargers

Looks like the panic buying of fuel has lit a firework under the governments backside to build more EV charging infrastructure & transition away from fossil fuels.
£950million up for grabs to install 35,000 new charging points/ year until the end of the decade. :open_mouth: edie.net/news/11/EVs–UK-Go … operators/

No that was exactly the intention of the false flag stunt.No doubt the witheld supplies are already on their way for export.
Octopus electric bill now gone up from 16p to 26p per kwh + VAT obviously just the start.
Al Gore wants to see the return on his investment while he’s still young enough to enjoy it.

Carryfast:
No that was exactly the intention of the false flag stunt.No doubt the witheld supplies are already on their way for export.
Octopus electric bill now gone up from 16p to 26p per kwh + VAT obviously just the start.
Al Gore wants to see the return on his investment while he’s still young enough to enjoy it.

That did cross my mind if it was done intentionally to put the cat amongst the pigeons as the government must have read that the Google data searches for online BEV’s sales the day the panic buying reached a 1,600% increase :open_mouth: After all he has to go into the Glasgow COP 26 with a good report card.
I’m with Octopus energy with a 16p/kwh rate & a cheap rate 5p/kwh from midnight to 4:00am. I dare say it will rise after the spikes in prices, haven’t heard owt yet though.

The 16p per kwh is deffo now history my new tarrif sent to me proves it it’s well over 20p per kwh now obviously + the road fuel taxes and 20% VAT to be applied to the filling costs of the EV.
The ‘wholesale price’ of all that free wind powered …electricity went up with gas obviously including a lot more on the standing charge too.
The fact that it all happened just after Al Gore’s 600 mil investment, like the 'climate protests on the M25 and the UN pushing for a faster switch over to allow all those ‘developing contries’ to get at the fossil fuel supplies sooner, is just a coincidence.Like the mass walkouts and resignations of ‘tanker drivers’.
Good luck with Al Gore’s generous offer of our electric future.

Wait til a few more sheep buy an EV.

Demand will surge for electricity overnight - and price will rocket accordingly. The smug, self congratulatory virtue signallers will be wetting the bed, as very few of them realise their “cheap transport,” will suddenly become not so cheap transport…

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Truckulent:

Demand will surge for electricity overnight - and price will rocket accordingly. The smug, self congratulatory virtue signallers will be wetting the bed, as very few of them realise their “cheap transport,” will suddenly become not so cheap transport…

16p per kwh to 26p per kwh is a good start now for Al Gore’s retirement funds.
Then there’s the road fuel duty and 20% VAT on top.
There’s a reason why no one wants an EV and why Boris then went for the nuclear option after the ‘climate protestors’ blocked the M25 on orders from the ‘UN’.
The tanker drivers didn’t even know that they’d all resigned from their jobs before they saw the news reporting it.Although close it actually meant their redundancy in a few years time.

Truckulent:

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The uptake for EV is very low in the UK with the bulk of the sales being company owned cars with the tax advantage’s for the users. The Government, manufacturers and investors in this are hedging their bets that the current ‘fuel crises’ might tip the balance no doubt.

bigstraight6:
The uptake for EV is very low in the UK with the bulk of the sales being company owned cars with the tax advantage’s for the users. The Government, manufacturers and investors in this are hedging their bets that the current ‘fuel crises’ might tip the balance no doubt.

How many of the ‘big investors’ , like Al Gore, would actually be directly affected by a major UK nuclear power plant disaster assuming sufficient return on the investment before it blows.A gamble worth taking at 26p per kwh x how many cars at 12k miles pa at almost 40kwh per 100 miles.
Followed by the predictable excuse of no one could have predicted such an event.