Help with motorbike ins ( modifications )

I rang Bennett’s to insure my new motorbike , all fine bar modifications , I gave the girl the list of them
Tail tidy
Screen
Mirrors
Full exhaust system
Etc
Now to each of those she said we treat all those as standard , so no problem , but according to the dealer , the full akrapovic exhaust was £1100( looking online looks about right with fitting ) , so what happens in the event of a accident ? I’m guessing theyl put a standard exhaust on , loosing me £1,100 in a sense ( other mods I’m not bothered about ) , or would they put a full akrapovic exhaust back on , but if that was the intensions would theyof not took details ( name of exhaust )
I know to some a exhaust is a exhaust but this bike was a bit dearer than a standard model , so after paying extra for it I’d like to keep it as I brought it
Nb when we put intercooler , exhaust , remap etc on mrs fiesta st they took details ( names of all components changed , plus upped ins
Is motorbike ins different to cars , I’d of thought not , but it’s 20 yrs since my last motorbike so can’t remember , ta

get an ‘agreed valuation’.dozy.taking into account the money you have spent on the mod’s.your local bike friendly dealer or mot man should do it for you.

carryfast-yeti:
get an ‘agreed valuation’.dozy.taking into account the money you have spent on the mod’s.your local bike friendly dealer or mot man should do it for you.

The mods were already on bike , but I changed my mind and are still looking for a zx10 r , gsxr 1000 or fire blade , I liked the bike but I’d of got bored quick , then cost £££££ to finally get what I wanted
Took gsxr 1000 out & it was like I’d never been away , fast but didn’t think much different to r1 / fire blade I had years ago , mind it was a 03 reg so probably wasnt
Thanks though

This makes interesting reading, other insurers are available.

Motorcycle Insurance Modifications

Wheel Nut:
This makes interesting reading, other insurers are available.

Motorcycle Insurance Modifications

It does , and that’s what bothered me , when I stated exhaust she said we treat as standard , but if I’m reading that right that’s what I’d get in the event of a accident , a standard exhaust
Next time I will do as they say get value of parts put down , ta

Have you tried other than Bennetts? BeMoto are pretty clued up to giving you what you want.

stu675:
Have you tried other than Bennetts? BeMoto are pretty clued up to giving you what you want.

No as I didn’t go for the cb650 in the end , but when I do get a bike / if it has modifications I’ll try your suggestion thanks