Covid booster.

Will you have the booster?

I had the AZ a few months ago so will have the booster when offered.

Just announced -

Covid booster jabs will begin to be offered across the UK from next week.

Health Secretary Sajid Javid said he had accepted advice from the JCVI that around 30m people should be offered a third dose - Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland have followed suit.
The booster should be given at least six months after a second dose - with the Pfizer jab recommended.
Those eligible include over-50s, younger adults with health conditions and frontline health and care workers.

Mr Javid made the announcement in the Commons as part of an autumn and winter plan for managing Covid in England.
Scotland will begin offering booster jabs for the broader group from Monday, First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said.
She said the programme “was intended to prolong the protection” of vaccines and will run alongside the flu vaccination programme.

Read in full - bbc.co.uk/news/health-58550833

They didn’t take the advice of the JVCI against injecting children with these experimental treatments, but when it suits their plans advice from the same quarter is accepted.

We were told that the second jab had to match the first so AZ to AZ or PZ to PZ for the second one.What suddenly changed now seems to be AZ to PZ for the ‘booster’ ?.

Juddian:
They didn’t take the advice of the JVCI against injecting children with these experimental treatments, but when it suits their plans advice from the same quarter is accepted.

Did you have the double jab and if you did will you be having the second jab

Not had one jab and not planning to either.

In 6 months, we’ve gone from the
vax ending the pandemic-to you
can still get covid even if vaxxed-
to you can pass covid onto others
even if vaxxed-to you can still
die of covid even if vaxxed-to the
unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed.

Sent from my SM-T976B using Tapatalk

i’m sorry,OP,but i just can’t believe anyone listens to the BS this rotten government come’s out with :frowning:

rearaxle:

Same here but I have had covid

I might go for one if they bring in a new variants jab but the booster is just the same as the one they have been using

As a few of the experts have said - the lucky ones are those who have fully recovered from covid because they have real B and T cell resistance to any future attacks from it

Vaccines are made to target the spike protein only - not the whole thing

rearaxle:

In 6 months, we’ve gone from the
vax ending the pandemic-to you
can still get covid even if vaxxed-
to you can pass covid onto others
even if vaxxed-to you can still
die of covid even if vaxxed-to the
unvaxxed are killing the vaxxed.

AZ = AZ second to AZ = Pfizer booster ?.
I’ll probably go by my plan B with the first two.If the government’s motives are really sinister this will be no place to want to resist and hang around in so nothing to lose.

:smiley: Yes I will take it. Its no different than the yearly flu vaccine I have.
It’s well documented that a vaccinated population is the answer to long term Covid as its going to be here for a very long time.

Juddian:

What experimental treatments?

ROG:

rearaxle:

I might go for one if they bring in a new variants jab but the booster is just the same as the one they have been using

As a few of the experts have said - the lucky ones are those who have fully recovered from covid because they have real B and T cell resistance to any future attacks from it

I agree with ROG.
Chances are I have already have had covid without even knowing it as I am still relatively young. (29).
But if they make a new vaccine that better deals with the delta variant and can do more to eliminate the transmissibility of the virus I may go for it.

adam277:

ROG:

rearaxle:

I agree with ROG.
Chances are I have already have had covid without even knowing it as I am still relatively young. (29).
But if they make a new vaccine that better deals with the delta variant and can do more to eliminate the transmissibility of the virus I may go for it.

jakethesnake:

adam277:

ROG:

rearaxle:

I agree with ROG.

Get an antibody test. They are free now in England.
You may just do yourself a big favour.

jakethesnake:
Get an antibody test.

Active antibodies are virtually non detectable after a few months
B and T cells which react to the virus if it tries to be naughty are the important ones and they cannot be detected yet as far as I know

ROG:

jakethesnake:
Get an antibody test.

Active antibodies are virtually non detectable after a few months
B and T cells which react to the virus if it tries to be naughty are the important ones and they cannot be detected yet as far as I know

Fair enough, if you say so. Makes me wonder why they bothered though.

Yes had 2 jabs & will have booster , still wear mask & disinfectant everything , been ok upto now so taking docs / consultants/ daughters advice ( at risk ) is working for me .

Yes, I will be the first in the queue as soon as these booster jabs are offered. We all need protecting from the deadly virus and having the jabs will allow the country to get back to normal.

Looks like we may soon be wearing masks again i cannot see these numbers getting lower as we move into the winter months -

Government scientists have warned that there could be a large jump in Covid hospital admissions if restrictions are not tightened soon.
The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) said its modelling suggested hospitalisations could reach 2,000 to 7,000 per day next month.
Currently there is an average of just over 750 Covid admissions per day in England.

If Plan A fails here is Plan B - bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

D.Thompson:
Looks like we may soon be wearing masks again i cannot see these numbers getting lower as we move into the winter months -

Government scientists have warned that there could be a large jump in Covid hospital admissions if restrictions are not tightened soon.
The Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) said its modelling suggested hospitalisations could reach 2,000 to 7,000 per day next month.
Currently there is an average of just over 750 Covid admissions per day in England.

If Plan A fails here is Plan B - bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-52530518

We are more or less the most vaccinated country in the world and we were told by ‘the science’ that ‘vaccination’ was to and would reduce the effects to the point of avoiding the need for hospital admissions.Are they now admitting they were wrong.

There has been considerable research done which says that mixing the various vaccines could be better than using the same one. The Spanish Combivac seems to give good results with only minor side effects. I will go along with the flow.