Bloody cyclists!

One for the style police. We all know that lycra and older blokes is a no-no. So here’s a pic taken last weekend of a 60-something year old lycra-clad bloke riding his bike around the Silverstone GP circuit (33 miles at an average speed of 17.6mph).

I await the mocking responses with bated breath…

Roymondo:
0One for the style police. We all know that lycra and older blokes is a no-no. So here’s a pic taken last weekend of a 60-something year old lycra-clad bloke riding his bike around the Silverstone GP circuit (33 miles at an average speed of 17.6mph).

Did some one nick his engine as it’s a moto gp weekend

blue estate:

Roymondo:
0One for the style police. We all know that lycra and older blokes is a no-no. So here’s a pic taken last weekend of a 60-something year old lycra-clad bloke riding his bike around the Silverstone GP circuit (33 miles at an average speed of 17.6mph).

Did some one nick his engine as it’s a moto gp weekend

Moto GP was a week earlier…

Baited. What response are you seeking?

the maoster:

I didn’t say baited - I said bated. Different words, different meanings.

You look like a ■■■■■

Will that do?

oh dear, ye man means hook,line,and BAITED as a cocky poster on here what part of that dont you get…
p.s you look exactly as i imagined… :blush: :neutral_face:

I am also in my late 60s. Rode a Sportive of 31 miles average speed 15mph. Took 40th place out of 60 riders. Wasnt til I finished that I realized that my bib shorts were out side in!

alamcculloch:
I am also in my late 60s. Rode a Sportive of 31 miles average speed 15mph. Took 40th place out of 60 riders. Wasnt til I finished that I realized that my bib shorts were out side in!

Nice one! As for the shorts, that’s just an age thing - happens to us all from time to time :slight_smile:

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

I don’t mind that old sad act furiously peddling around Silverstone, it’s one less on the road causing congestion.

bigstraight6:
I don’t mind that old sad act furiously peddling around Silverstone, it’s one less on the road causing congestion.

It was a 40 mile round trip on the road to get there! But not to worry - the vast majority of my riding was (and is) done on roads with such low traffic volumes that congestion’s not an issue. Not that pedal cycles actually cause much (if any) congestion in the first place…

Roymondo:

the maoster:

Hate to say it: but baited / bated is the same word with the same meaning; it’s just that there are two spellings (see Oxford Consise) :wink:

ERF-NGC-European:

Roymondo:

the maoster:

Hate to say it: but baited / bated is the same word with the same meaning; it’s just that there are two spellings (see Oxford Consise) :wink:

I beg to differ!

The words baited and bated are homophones, which means they sound alike but have different meanings.

Baited is the past form of the verb bait, which means to tease, harass, or put food (or bait) in a trap. A hook, witness, or animal is baited (lured, enticed, tempted).

The word bated is a clipped form of the past tense of the verb abate, which means to reduce or restrain. Breath is bated.

I know, that’s why I typed baited. :wink:

However in my defence it was Saturday afternoon and I’d spent some quality time destroying brain cells with alcohol and didn’t actually grasp that the o/p had posted a pic of himself on this historic circuit, I just thought it was some random image due to my drunken state.

Upon reflection (and sobering up) I concede that the pic was worthy (not that he needs me to tell him that) and I fully understand the feeling you get when going on any racetrack in or on whatever vehicle, a proper buzz.

Fair play.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

ERF-NGC-European:

Roymondo:

the maoster:

I beg to differ!

The words baited and bated are homophones, which means they sound alike but have different meanings.

Baited is the past form of the verb bait, which means to tease, harass, or put food (or bait) in a trap. A hook, witness, or animal is baited (lured, enticed, tempted).

The word bated is a clipped form of the past tense of the verb abate, which means to reduce or restrain. Breath is bated.

If it is what you call ‘clipped’ - presumably ‘short for’ abated - then it has been misconfigured and should have appeared as 'bated (with a diacritic before the initial b).