Driving on section 88

Is anyone out there currently driving without a licence but using section 88 of the DVLA rules. I’d be interested to know if you had to check with old bill if it was possible to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When sending off your application, make sure you keep a copy of everything and proof of posting.

I did this and provided copies to my employer of the time who was happy with that, i also requested and received a form from DVLA authorising me to drive, whether with the current backlog you could get such a form from DVLA is quesionable.
Whether an agency, or more importantly the client, would accept this type of paperwork for a previously unknown person is also debatable.

Never asked the old bill.

Only just got my licence back last week so had been on Section 88 since the beginning of July, all I did was carry the receipt from the Post Office and a printed out screen capture of the received and signed online P.O.D. (via PO’s tracking service), I asked my company if they wanted copies they said they didn’t, so I just kept them in my work bag.

Our firm is green lighted so very very rare we get a pull anyway and I certainly haven’t in 4 years, but I had some form of proof if it had have been needed.

i was on Section 88 for about 7 weeks,without any prob’s.