High electricity & gas prices!

Winseer:
Charts

UK Gas has now fallen below 100 (from 800+ a year back)

We STILL don’t see that fall in wholesale gas prices - being passed onto the consumer.

However, Electric Production, we’re told - is based upon the gas price, so I state as fact that the electric bills we pay are being over-stated for profiteering purposes too, ongoingly.

We consumers being denied low prices as we are - has another side-effect that isn’t so easy to hide…

April’s inflation figures - will be sharply lower as a consequence of the drop in energy prices.

This would signal a need for an interest rate CUT in april, instead of the anticpated rise.

If Sunak thinks he can counter Graham Brady’s “You’re gone if inflation isn’t down sharply by the end of the financial year” threat…
Does Sunak really think he can survive by merely massaging the inflation figure lower, but in a way that IT TOO isn’t passed onto the consumer in the form of lower mortgage rates at very least?

I predict that either Sunak will be gone shortly after Easter, when the economy finally falls off the cliff due to kicked-down-the-road recession combined with painfully ongoingly high interest rates…

What happens when you’re overtime isn’t enough to keep up your mortgage payments SHOULD they keep rising, as we’re told they’re going to be?

I strongly suggest the government gets a grip, and passes lower prices onto consumers - whilst it still can.

We’re heading for a 1934-style deflationary crash if we don’t.
profinance.ru/charts/gasuk/lc57
We can’t even go to a world war to “rescue the economy” this time neither.

I think you’ve missed ( again ) the climate scam elephant in the room.
Fossil fuelled energy can only be viewed as the problem not the solution so long as the CO2 is bad narrative has to be adhered to.
Like everything else being foisted on us by the uniparty circus act that narrative may not be questioned or resisted.
Which obviously by definition means that artificially inflating gas prices, to disincentivise it’s use, v nuke/biomass/solar fuelled electric, is good ( so long as you believe the CO2 cooked Venus but atmospheric pressure and distance from the Sun froze Mars narrative ).