BBC R4

Dipster:

Franglais:
Couldn’t make up my mind which thread to post this on?
So many candidates. 15min listen, first in short series, aired today, but first broadcast March 2019.
bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00035v4

I haven’t listened to R4 for ages. I’ll give this listen later, then get back…

Ditto. I used to listen to the World Tonight religiously, but lost interest in it - when it always got shot abroad when there were public causes for concern back home, and shot back home again - when there was an opportunity to make the Right in politics look bad, rather than attempt to make the Left look good (practically impossible, as they don’t have any achievable promises, just "more funding - paid for by ■■? Higher Taxes for ordinary people>>> Lose election >>>> quieter cause being shouted from then on…

I dunno what Labour stand for these days, proving to me that Corbyn is more electable than Starmer right now…
Meanwhile, the BBC have taken over the Mantle of “Her Majesty’s Opposition” some time since.

Heard Diane Abbot start a speech in the commons the other day with the Afghan serviceman who’d lost his legs… Turned up volume, thinking she might have had a “right stroke”, but alas she quickly moved onto the responsibilities to Afghan Citizens rather than looking after our own service personnel, which had me fooled for a mo…

There’s two ways to deal with this afghanistan situation - Go to total war vs the Taliban - or let them win outright, and just get out as quickly as you can, before the atrocities start making even the BBC news, having tried to cover it up thus far, and try and make the whole thing about Trump who hasn’t even been the US President for nearly a year already… FFS you can’t make it up!

Old School Warfare:

Kill the enemy until they unconditionally surrender, and disband what few of them survived as a faction.
If you let the enemy live, and re-group though? - I don’t believe for a minute that the West’s Intelligence Agencies didn’t know the Taliban were a whisker away from a Blitzkrieg victory over the entire country, based on too much foreign aid cash going astray to those who held the rather delicate power these past few years.
We gave them the chance to build and beef up their own military to achieve home rule… What happened to all the cash?
There’s only half-hearted soldiers wearing the Afghan uniform, and they’ve now quickly deserted ahead of the Taliban march… A God-forsaken Barbarian rabble get to win a civil war - so what was it all for again?
Nation Building - needs the enemy to be destroyed to the last man before it will work.
History - doesn’t get past outfits like the Taliban - they have to be treated like the FAR more effective Indian military dealt with their own home-2009 problem.
It isn’t “Genocide” to kill all the enemy FFS.
Criminals - are not a race. The Enemy - is not a religion. Rebels - are not a skin colour.