Trucker Strike in Australia

I just read a report that Australian truckers in Sydney are preparing to blockade roads in protests at the governments actions re covid.The general public has been advised to stock up on essentials. Wait and see what transpires.

I also read last week that ER are going to start protests nationwide starting the 23rd tomorrow,See what happens again.

Maybe i need to read something different when I get bored,or less gullible.

Gidders:
I just read a report that Australian truckers in Sydney are preparing to blockade roads in protests at the governments actions re covid.The general public has been advised to stock up on essentials. Wait and see what transpires.

I also read last week that ER are going to start protests nationwide starting the 23rd tomorrow,See what happens again.

Clck bait; Media bs, I’ve heard nothing of a strike. Only trucks entering Queensland, via the Gold Coast are being impacted, by relatively short delays. All other routes have no problems.

I haven’t heard anything, in fact I have just spent the last ten minutes searching for news about it and nothing is coming up yet.
There have been queues due to Covid checks at The New South Wales/ Queensland border for well over a year now. That’s one of the reasons why Queensland have only had seven Covid related deaths through out the pandemic.

Gidders:

Is this what you have been reading Gidders in “The Daily Mail”.

dailymail.co.uk/news/articl … ghway.html

The Drongo who is supposed to be starting the strike has already opened a Go Fund Me Page. :unamused:

Hi mushroomman.I haven’t read the Daily Mail.I first picked up the story on an American forum i use and from there to "australian truck strike on DuckDuckGo.They are protesting at government vaccine mandates.It does mention the blockade at the Queensland border.

I have also seen a video put out by 7 News mentioning Toll Group.Also a video presumably by a main agitator telling folk to stock up.He looks 50+ with grey hair.Name not known.I’m afraid my computer knowledge does not extend to moving video clips about.

This is all I could find. Hardly going to bring the industry to its knees.

youtu.be/Dpbr5mQuM-s

Star down under.:
This is all I could find. Hardly going to bring the industry to its knees.

youtu.be/Dpbr5mQuM-s

That’s the video I saw.It will kick off on august 31st. Or not!

There’s a bit of rumbling from a handful of idiots about vaccines, Covid tests and delays, crossing the border. They’re waffling on about blockading the highway, entering Queensland at the Gold Coast. The morons won’t be missed if they strike, there’s plenty of other trucks to move the freight. If they block the highway, the authorities have the power, under emergency legislation, to bulldoze the blockaders.
Just attention seeking fools. The Transport Workers’ Union is not supporting the threatened actions.

mushroomman:
The Drongo who is supposed to be starting the strike has already opened a Go Fund Me Page. :unamused:

Go Fund Me…

Is quickly becoming a thieves paradise. As usual, set up with the best of intentions but slowly and surely taken over by con-artists, scammers and their shills.

A minor 24 hour stoppage Friday 27/8 by drivers from a Toll division, over being replaced by subbies. It won’t amount to anything. The Indians will continue to carve up the industry. They have no driving, loading or restraint skills, but they sure work cheap.