Parking!

Gidders:
I’ve already enquired of my local council about installation of a charging for my future electric car and was told"not a chance."
So my zero road tax diesel car will continue to serve my purposes until the hearse arrives.

I got a courtesy call from the MG dealership asking how I was going on with the EV & the home charger, I said I didn’t get the home charger with the OLEV people because of problems with out of code electrics in the house. I had them tested by the electricity board & got a clean bill of health but that wasn’t good enough for the OLEV grant people. I ended up sorting a home charger myself.

She was telling me about her earlier courtesy call to another guy who had been refused a home charger through OLEV because although he parked his EV on his driveway he didn’t have a dropped kerb so they refused him on grounds of “Not a dedicated off road parking space” :open_mouth:

There’s another thing! where are all the trained ev -ready mechanics to work on them! The UK needs 75,000 EV-ready mechanics. fleetnews.co.uk/news/latest … -warns-imi