UN Climate report!

Oh dear! They think it’s all over!..It is now for the fossil fuelled global economy :open_mouth: Watch the court cases fly against ‘Big Oil’ as ClientEarth & Greenpeace etc have this evidence, They’ve been waiting years for this report.
euractiv.com/section/climat … te-report/

Hasn’t the UN told us the world is doomed in 10 years every 10 years for around 60 years?

Gidders:
Hasn’t the UN told us the world is doomed in 10 years every 10 years for around 60 years?

Absolutely.

Acid rain was the issue way back. Famine everywhere.
Ahem!
Same old ■■■■■■■■ from the same old scientists basing it on computer says so!!!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lancpudn:
Oh dear! They think it’s all over!..It is now for the fossil fuelled global economy :open_mouth: Watch the court cases fly against ‘Big Oil’ as ClientEarth & Greenpeace etc have this evidence, They’ve been waiting years for this report.

Are you for real? Do you really want top down enforced changes that would see the most dramatic roll back in living standards for working class people in a generation as in restrictions on personal mobility if you can’t afford a hopeless and expensive EV (which will probably need replacing every 5 years as the non recyclable battery has died by then) you will be forced onto public transport while the middle classes and well off won’t, so much for inequality.

All this is music to the ears of the climate change enthusiasts and alternative lifestyle anti capitalist’s who want to impose their will upon us, while turning a blind eye to China who are burning coal for electricity and producing vast amounts of pollution…

Just listened to co founder of Extinction Rebellion(Roger ? )on GB NEws.The guys a lunatic.ER have 8 planned demos to start in London on August 23rd which will last as long as they all feel like it because the police will do sweet fa.
ER want to ban all cars and aircraft travel,meat eating and to confiscate 90% of the wealth of the richest people in the world.No explanation of what they plan to do with it.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

Are you for real? Do you really want top down enforced changes that would see the most dramatic roll back in living standards for working class people in a generation as in restrictions on personal mobility if you can’t afford a hopeless and expensive EV (which will probably need replacing every 5 years as the non recyclable battery has died by then) you will be forced onto public transport while the middle classes and well off won’t, so much for inequality.

All this is music to the ears of the climate change enthusiasts and alternative lifestyle anti capitalist’s who want to impose their will upon us, while turning a blind eye to China who are burning coal for electricity and producing vast amounts of pollution…

Are you for real? Where do you read into me advocating this■■? I read the good the bad & the ugly about this stuff & everything in between. Call it a PSA if you like as 90% of people haven’t a scooby doo what’s coming their way regarding ever stricter emissions & the implications for road transport here, They think because we’ve left the EU it doesn’t concern us here in blighty, They couldn’t be more wrong.

Hopeless EV!!! you’re talking out of your rusty starfish as usual. I get it if people don’t like them, everything in life is subjective but to keep spewing old & wrong information about them gets old pretty quick, 5 year old EV cars are still going strong with upwards of 500k on the clock & as little as 8% State of health battery loss & still on the original brake pads/shoes.

None recyclable my harris :open_mouth: 90% of depleted cells/battery packs are now recycled with all new BEV’s now mandated into a circular economy regulation that tracks it from leaving the factory to it’s end of life where the nickel, cobalt, copper, aluminium and manganese, among other materials will be retrieved.

5 year old EV’s with 500,000 miles covered! now that I would like to see as I don’t see any much older than 3 years old about in reality or are you getting confused by hybrid Toyota Prius Taxi’s that still have an actual engine, but I’d like to see one of those that’s done 500,000 miles. Would you care to enlighten me?

bigstraight6:
5 year old EV’s with 500,000 miles covered! now that I would like to see as I don’t see any much older than 3 years old about in reality or are you getting confused by hybrid Toyota Prius Taxi’s that still have an actual engine, but I’d like to see one of those that’s done 500,000 miles. Would you care to enlighten me?

There are a few taxi companies in Europe / USA using Tesla’s which have run up huge mileages in three-four years, The upcoming 4680 cell battery packs on new Tesla cars will out last the rest of the car according to electric Jesus himself says they’re good for 1million miles :open_mouth: Time will tell.
electrek.co/2020/05/11/tesla-mo … intenance/

Evs are miles from being a replacement for ICs. They work brilliantly when charged but have two fatal flaws which prevents them being practical.

Storage of electricity and replenishment of electricity.

Once one has drained the battery it takes way too long to charge. Less than 5 mins is needed with a range at least twice what the range of the most expensive EV currently is.

“But they"ll get better”

They may well do. But they aren’t likely to be anywhere near the two min refuel and 750 mile plus range of my diesel. We are being presented with a sub standard alternative with a vague hope they will improve dramatically. Hopefully one day we’ll be able to cure cancer but it ain’t happening just yet either. Wishful thinking.

And as for using them I trucks…

No comment. They won’t work and never will. There is a reason trains and trams use an overhead or rail based power supply.

We just cannot store enough energy, or recharge fast enough to drag 44 tonnes around.

I read somewhere that the planet goes through this cycle every so many thousands of years :question: :question:

Truckulent:
Evs are miles from being a replacement for ICs. They work brilliantly when charged but have two fatal flaws which prevents them being practical.

Once one has drained the battery it takes way too long to charge. Less than 5 mins is needed with a range at least twice what the range of the most expensive EV currently is.

“But they"ll get better”

They may well do. But they aren’t likely to be anywhere near the two min refuel and 750 mile plus range of my diesel. We are being presented with a sub standard alternative with a vague hope they will improve dramatically. Hopefully one day we’ll be able to cure cancer but it ain’t happening just yet either. Wishful thinking.

No comment. They won’t work and never will. There is a reason trains and trams use an overhead or rail based power supply.

We just cannot store enough energy, or recharge fast enough to drag 44 tonnes around.

The only trouble is Truck manufacturers will come under new CO2 emission limits in 2025 just like the car manufacturers did who paid through the nose in the way of €100’s millions for going over their set emission limits.
They’ve only got four more years to come up with a plan.
Since the WHO climate report a week or so ago the EU is pushing for stricter emission limits as they go into the COP 26 in Glasgow in November.
euractiv.com/section/transp … o2-limits/
"Heavy fines

The industry is particularly worried about the penalties foreseen against manufacturers in case CO2 targets are not met, saying the Commission defined its 2025 and 2030 objectives by comparing CO2 emissions from vans with those of trucks, measured in grams of CO2 per kilometre.
MAN, the German truck manufacturer, has calculated that the proposed fines of €6,800 per exceeded g CO2/tkm could quickly add up to the “three-digit million range” for manufacturers, which could threaten some of them with bankruptcy."

lancpudn:

Truckulent:

“But they"ll get better”

The only trouble is Truck manufacturers will come under new CO2 emission limits in 2025 just like the car manufacturers did who paid through the nose in the way of €100’s millions for going over their set emission limits.
Since the WHO climate report a week or so ago the EU is pushing for stricter emission limits as they go into the COP 26 in Glasgow in November.
"Heavy fines

The industry is particularly worried about the penalties foreseen against manufacturers in case CO2 targets are not met, saying the Commission defined its 2025 and 2030 objectives by comparing CO2 emissions from vans with those of trucks, measured in grams of CO2 per kilometre.
MAN, the German truck manufacturer, has calculated that the proposed fines of €6,800 per exceeded g CO2/tkm could quickly add up to the “three-digit million range” for manufacturers, which could threaten some of them with bankruptcy."

Exactly. Forcing it through but without suggesting what else could replace it. Because battery powered trucks are dead in the water.

Typical politician’s ■■■■■■■■.

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

Truckulent:

“But they"ll get better”

"Heavy fines

Exactly. Forcing it through but without suggesting what else could replace it. Because battery powered trucks are dead in the water.

Typical politician’s [zb].

Exactly, the so called green Industrial revolution is built on technology that doesn’t exist now, and probably never will. I will only change my mind if EV vehicles come along (including lorries) that can at least match ICE in terms of range in real-time conditions, and recharging (or filling up with petrol or diesel) timescale.

And so it begins! The floodgates have been opened since this UN climate report came out for every man & his dog to sue companies for climate change. Greenpeace have filed court papers to sue VW for climate failures & BMW & Daimler are being sued over climate change. :open_mouth:
todaynewspost.com/auto-news/why … te-change/

The Turów coal mine in Poland that excavates brown coal (lignite) is being hit with a €500,000 daily penalty for defying an earlier court ruling to halt operations on Monday (20 September). :open_mouth:

And working class people are worried about being able to charge their battery car.

There’ll be ample electricity because only the well off will be able to afford it, the rest of us (survivors) will be on shank’s pony or the bus.

Funny old thing though, it might make tramping attractive for many lorryists, especially the single, stay out all week, commute once and only heat your home for a day or two a week…mind you the rest of us of normal means might not be heating our homes either.

No one, should be under any illusions as to what/who the ‘UN’ represents and is run by and what the UN agenda is.Unless they are onside with that agenda otherwise known as useful idiots.

Juddian:
And working class people are worried about being able to charge their battery car.

They can’t afford them! it’s only the preserve of the virtual signalling middle classes and I agree that normal working class people will be ushered on mass to the horror of public transport and endure the lack of social mobility and equality that our grandparents had. Brave new World, I don’t think so.

Gidders:
Just listened to co founder of Extinction Rebellion(Roger ? )on GB NEws.The guys a lunatic.ER have 8 planned demos to start in London on August 23rd which will last as long as they all feel like it because the police will do sweet fa.
ER want to ban all cars and aircraft travel,meat eating and to confiscate 90% of the wealth of the richest people in the world.No explanation of what they plan to do with it.

The latest from the climate lawyers (ClientEarth) have just won a thirteen year long legal battle which will make it easier for the likes of extinction rebellion and every man & his dog to sue governments. :open_mouth:

"After a 13-year-long fight, we have won the right for all people to challenge the EU in court on decisions that break environmental law.

Previously only NGOs could do this – and only to challenge a very small number of EU decisions. This landmark reform gives members of the public the opportunity to hold the EU to account over climate change and biodiversity loss.

EU decisions that are harmful to both people and wildlife are now open to public challenge, including:

Authorising the use of pesticides
Limiting diesel emissions
Setting fishing limits"

i see they’ve just decided the woolly mammoth was killed off by global warming :unamused: rather than by ‘man’.

carryfast-yeti:
i see they’ve just decided the woolly mammoth was killed off by global warming :unamused: rather than by ‘man’.

According to the Great Thunderberg it was the industrial revolution that caused it and it’s definitely all our fault.It will all be fine when we’ve given all of our cheap safe fossil fuel to the ‘developing countries’.