UN Climate report!

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

Truckulent:
Evs are miles from being a replacement for ICs. They work brilliantly when charged but have two fatal flaws which prevents them being practical.

Storage of electricity and replenishment of electricity.

Once one has drained the battery it takes way too long to charge. Less than 5 mins is needed with a range at least twice what the range of the most expensive EV currently is.

“But they"ll get better”

They may well do. But they aren’t likely to be anywhere near the two min refuel and 750 mile plus range of my diesel. We are being presented with a sub standard alternative with a vague hope they will improve dramatically. Hopefully one day we’ll be able to cure cancer but it ain’t happening just yet either. Wishful thinking.

And as for using them I trucks…

No comment. They won’t work and never will. There is a reason trains and trams use an overhead or rail based power supply.

We just cannot store enough energy, or recharge fast enough to drag 44 tonnes around.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

The only trouble is Truck manufacturers will come under new CO2 emission limits in 2025 just like the car manufacturers did who paid through the nose in the way of €100’s millions for going over their set emission limits.
They’ve only got four more years to come up with a plan.
Since the WHO climate report a week or so ago the EU is pushing for stricter emission limits as they go into the COP 26 in Glasgow in November.
euractiv.com/section/transp … o2-limits/
"Heavy fines

The industry is particularly worried about the penalties foreseen against manufacturers in case CO2 targets are not met, saying the Commission defined its 2025 and 2030 objectives by comparing CO2 emissions from vans with those of trucks, measured in grams of CO2 per kilometre.
MAN, the German truck manufacturer, has calculated that the proposed fines of €6,800 per exceeded g CO2/tkm could quickly add up to the “three-digit million range” for manufacturers, which could threaten some of them with bankruptcy."

Exactly. Forcing it through but without suggesting what else could replace it. Because battery powered trucks are dead in the water.

Typical politician’s [zb].

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Exactly, the so called green Industrial revolution is built on technology that doesn’t exist now, and probably never will. I will only change my mind if EV vehicles come along (including lorries) that can at least match ICE in terms of range in real-time conditions, and recharging (or filling up with petrol or diesel) timescale.