Hearing aids, anyone gone private?

Yeah yeah, shut up, won’t hear you anyway :smiley:

Had NHS things for 3 years, eternally grateful for them too, but they’re not quite cutting it right now.
Not because of the volume but, if I get warm (every day), they cut out, and just, kinda, under-perform all the time.
I “Customer Face” mebbe 10 times a day and although most of em understand when I say that I’m deaf, some don’t.

Thinking of going the Private route.

I know it’s gonna be 2-3k.

Would like bluetooth.

Anyone got experience of this?

Thanks.

I’ve used Specsavers for years , you need a refferal from your gp but the service is spot on . No moulding in the ear , just a shaped tube that slips in your ear from the aid behind your ear with a soft tip . Hearing tests are convenient , even Sunday morning .

T

Great help to the o/p.

steviespain:
Yeah yeah, shut up, won’t hear you anyway :smiley:

Had NHS things for 3 years, eternally grateful for them too, but they’re not quite cutting it right now.
Not because of the volume but, if I get warm (every day), they cut out, and just, kinda, under-perform all the time.
I “Customer Face” mebbe 10 times a day and although most of em understand when I say that I’m deaf, some don’t.

Thinking of going the Private route.

I know it’s gonna be 2-3k.

Would like bluetooth.

Anyone got experience of this?

Thanks.

After 36 years in engineering factories and advancing years I had some hearing loss of high frequencies.
I went to Scrivens where I had the latest technology hearing test (more advance than the Specsavers one a few years earlier) and was fitted with tiny rechargeable aids which include up/down volume buttons and if you adjust one the other one also adjusts itself.
Total cost £1700, I hope this is helpful.