"Our NHS is wonderful". I don't think so

My sister in law, who has been her mother’s carer for the past 20 years and more, received a phone calL from the DOCTORS at the hospitial about her mother. " We are having trouble controlling your mother’s blood sugar levels, when the level is between x and y how much insulin would you give her?" They had a few days earlier rung up to complain about why she had been sent to hospital in an ambulance.

FFS. Experts? my arse.

Should a factory trained mechanic blindly follow the book for an 80 year old truck?
Or ask advice from the driver or mechanic that has been maintaining it for the past decade?
Credit to Drs in not claiming to know everything about everyone. They are skilled but aren’t Gods.
Hope all goes well, anyway.

you highlight one case, think of the millions that are spot on…

hope all goes well :neutral_face:

I would agree with you Franglais if all previous and later requests to speak to a doctor either in person or on the 'phone had not been ignored, and such a snotty attitude had not been adopted with the very clearly implied: " what do you think you are doing wasting our time sending her in here? " when it was the paramedics who decided she needed a trip to hospital to be checked over and it was the A&E doctors who had admitted her.

cav551:
They had a few days earlier rung up to complain about why she had been sent to hospital in an ambulance.

Who rung?
I find this extremely hard to believe!

by cav551 » Thu Aug 05, 2021 1:53 pm

and such a snotty attitude had not been adopted with the very clearly implied: " what do you think you are doing wasting our time sending her in here? " when it was the paramedics who decided she needed a trip to hospital to be checked over and it was the A&E doctors who had admitted her.

Find this hard to believe as well!