Focus mk3 rs

Any one got one , is it worth 30 k , my mrs car is a fiesta st, it’s mapped to just under 300 bhp so goes well & is fun I must admit , my suggestion was a new fiesta st, or nigh on new performance edition , but she’s turned it round into a 66 plate m3 rs at the garage , it’s nice ( more so if you like fords as both of us do ) , but I struggle to get past 30 k for a Ford Focus , rs or not , if anyone has one can you give me your thoughts on them , ta
Nb I did say at that price you might as well have a mustang , but there 40k + for a v8
Nnb, I should of married a women who sees cars as a tool to get from a-b only

Thought about one(amongst others)but went for the gr yaris instead.

20210724_112736.jpg

If you can be bothered to look Doze, my Mk3 Focus RS (Nitrous blue) should be on the drivers cars thread somewhere. Engine failed at 13,000 miles. Mine was a 16 plate and one of the victims of the wrong head gasket fitted (fractionally different to the Mustang 2.3 but close enough for a load of knobs at Ford to mix them up ffs :unamused: ) If you DO get one it’s imperative that you get one that has had the full recall done, head skim/new head & replacement head gasket.

The sat nav was the earlier Sync 3 with no drag/pinch. Sometimes it wouldn’t start as the immobiliser cut in inexplicably. Had a massive spec with shell seats, Mountune 375, sunroof etc but was not a patch on my Mk2 FRS. A very disappointing effort from Ford performance and I’m not surprised no other FRS’s will be made. Not worth £30k mate.

To put it into perspective, I’ve just picked up my brand new Skoda Octavia vRS diesel DSG hatch for £29k, a far superior product and miles better value.

My Peugeot Expert does everything you could possibly want a vehicle to do. It has a turbo, and a diesel I intercooler. It will take you from where you are, to where you want to go. It will take you, and lots of stuff too. It keeps you dry. It does not wreck tyres. It is used as a taxi, and many still are, over 15 years old. Not many RS’s have done over 200.000 miles… :grimacing:
Parts are cheap. It is painted a sensible, and cheap, white.

Oh, and it doesn’t make the Donkey look like he’s desperately trying to cling onto his youth… :sunglasses:

commonrail:

Yes I’ve read lots of threads on piston heads about them but I’m not sure on looks , but write ups rate them

eagerbeaver:
If you can be bothered to look Doze, my Mk3 Focus RS (Nitrous blue) should be on the drivers cars thread somewhere. Engine failed at 13,000 miles. Mine was a 16 plate and one of the victims of the wrong head gasket fitted (fractionally different to the Mustang 2.3 but close enough for a load of knobs at Ford to mix them up ffs :unamused: ) If you DO get one it’s imperative that you get one that has had the full recall done, head skim/new head & replacement head gasket.

The sat nav was the earlier Sync 3 with no drag/pinch. Sometimes it wouldn’t start as the immobiliser cut in inexplicably. Had a massive spec with shell seats, Mountune 375, sunroof etc but was not a patch on my Mk2 FRS. A very disappointing effort from Ford performance and I’m not surprised no other FRS’s will be made. Not worth £30k mate.

To put it into perspective, I’ve just picked up my brand new Skoda Octavia vRS diesel DSG hatch for £29k, a far superior product and miles better value.

Thanks beaver that is very helpful but worrying , sure the one we’re looking at is a 66 plate , Evans halshaw Grantham , will have to ask the questions you’ve highlited , thanks again

the nodding donkey:
My Peugeot Expert does everything you could possibly want a vehicle to do. It has a turbo, and a diesel I intercooler. It will take you from where you are, to where you want to go. It will take you, and lots of stuff too. It keeps you dry. It does not wreck tyres. It is used as a taxi, and many still are, over 15 years old. Not many RS’s have done over 200.000 miles… :grimacing:
Parts are cheap. It is painted a sensible, and cheap, white.

Oh, and it doesn’t make the Donkey look like he’s desperately trying to cling onto his youth… :sunglasses:

rs
Your probably right but I can’t see my mrs in a Peugeot expert , but she did have a Peugeot 206 gti 180 & loved it , ( she wrote it off but we won’t talk about that )
Cars are something we both like / enjoy , so I don’t mind but 30k does seem a lot , and to be honest after reading beavers experiences I doubt we will get one
Have to have a look around

Go proper Doze, ebay 154502211079 for an example.

Once tasted you’ll forget Fords.

dozy:

commonrail:

Yes I’ve read lots of threads on piston heads about them but I’m not sure on looks , but write ups rate them

Ugly little fkr…from certain angles.
Goes well though.
And probably the last of it’s kind.

Heard Tim norton had a nice one , on looking £49,995 ( crazy money)

My lad who is a Ford Master Tech and service manager tells me tales about most of these guys who own these things in their elite ‘RS or ST owners club’ they all talk in nasal tones and try and tell him what is wrong with their car before he looks at it, while dressed head to toe in their RS gear. :laughing:
He’s a lot like me and likes to subtly take the ■■■■ without them realising, he’ll make some name up and tell them that is what the problem may be…, they invariably come back with…
‘‘Well I thought that was the problem tbh’’
The train spotters of the car world he calls em. :laughing: