Fathers day today

My 4 grown up (allegedly :smiley: ) kids remembered, even though I didn’t know it actually was Father’s Day, so it was a nice surprise this morning.
Got the cards and usual cases of beer (they know me so well :smiley: ) and my eldest daughter and her man are taking me and the wife out for a pub meal, and one of the lads got us a voucher for our local curry house.
Pleased I didn’t take up my mates offer yesterday of a day in the pub watching the football, as I wouldn’t have been popular with my daughter rocking up for dinner with a hangover :blush: …and the only reason I knocked him back was because I finished late.
Anybody else?

robroy:
My 4 grown up (allegedly :smiley: ) kids remembered, even though I didn’t know it actually was Father’s Day, so it was a nice surprise this morning.
Got the cards and usual cases of beer (they know me so well :smiley: ) and my eldest daughter and her man are taking me and the wife out for a pub meal, and one of the lads got us a voucher for our local curry house.
Pleased I didn’t take up my mates offer yesterday of a day in the pub watching the football, as I wouldn’t have been popular with my daughter rocking up for dinner with a hangover :blush: …and the only reason I knocked him back was because I finished late.
Anybody else?

No, I can’t make it, but nice of you to ask. :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards John.

P.S. I’m with you, family is everything.

got the usual choc’s shortbread etc …happy with that :slight_smile: …and even got a card from my son :open_mouth: :laughing:

I got a Stepdad card, it brought tears to my eyes. :smiley:

Fathers day card plus a Tattersall shirt and choccies from lovely daughter, that was a pleasant few hours spent.
Card from stepdaughter, who has accepted me with all my many faults without any side at all from the first day i met her.
Message from son who’s abroad, which i missed till later on when it was middle of the night for him, so we had a good chat and catch up on the phone thismorning.

I got a few bottles of my favourite cider & some wine gums from my daughter :grimacing:

Considering the bad press that step dads get,I was pleased to receive a minions card(she knows my humour) from step daughter and new step grandson as well as my biological children.I’m lucky to have a large brood and a lovely wife.

Got cards from daughter & mrs & grandad card from my girls cat ( I think she feels a bit quilty about deciding not to have children) upset the mrs not having a gran kid but I’m more you have to make your own decisions
Go out for a meal this sat as we’re tying in Father’s Day & my 60 th in together , but I’m struggling with being 60 , just can’t believe where the years have gone , not sure I want all the family there reminding me , strange what things really effect you .