Euro 2020

Another football thread, I know some of you hate football, so if you ain’t interested …no point reading or responding, :bulb: …but as Carryfast often says…‘feel free to’ :smiley:

A bit of a dampener on it today, Christian Eriksen getting CPR on the pitch. :open_mouth:
Latest news he’s came round and is concious, so good news.

Watched the Turkey game last night, a good game and good start to competition, but missed the Wales game today, heard some of it on truck radio, a good draw for them.

Looking forward to England game tomorrow, it will be a hard one against Croatia, and afaik England have never won an opening game in the competition.

Denmark game being resumed NOW if anyone’s interested.

robroy:

I’ve consulted my diary and the answer is a resounding no. I’m still sulking over last night anyway. Bloody slept in the morning so I might as well have joined you and filled my head with lager anyway! :imp:

the maoster:

robroy:

I’ve consulted my diary and the answer is a resounding no. I’m still sulking over last night anyway. Bloody slept in the morning so I might as well have joined you and filled my head with lager anyway! :imp:

Yep, only thing is though if you had have joined me, I would also have slept in. :laughing:

Was playing five-a-side on tuesday night. Game finished. Was stifling…its indoor.
As we walked off, guy collapsed back in what looked like a comedy fall in feigned exhaustion, making loud snoring noises.
He had a massive heart attack. What a shock it is to watch somebody you know dying. Most people just seemed rooted to the spot. Barman gave him CPR, and I held his head, keeping his airway open and talking to him.
We had to do this for over half an hour…otherwise he would of died right there.
The paramedics finally arrived, and it took them another 45 mins to stabilise him enough to take to hospital.
Thankfully he survived.
Moral of the story is that if you have a heart attack and you are on your own, you are dead, and if you do CPR on your ADR or CPC…pay attention.
You don’t know when you will need to use that knowledge, and it is a life saver.

i won’t be supporting any team that supports you know what. Hungary is my team in this Tournament.

carryfast-yeti:
i won’t be supporting any team that supports you know what. Hungary is my team in this Tournament.

Aye well being a serious fan I don’t give a ■■■■ about all that, taking the knee dog ■■■■…(assuming that’s what you’re getting at.) not enough to turn by back on my national team anyhow. :unamused:
I should have learned by now not to build my hopes up in football and England, especially being a Newcastle fan, but I’ll be right behind them today as usual.
youtu.be/c6BDncfgm9s

Thought England contained Croatia. Would of settled for a draw…but a win is a great start. The hype will get ridiculous, but you have to enjoy a summer footie tournament. Only better if abroad and watching in local bars.

Janos:
Thought England contained Croatia. Would of settled for a draw…but a win is a great start. The hype will get ridiculous, but you have to enjoy a summer footie tournament. Only better if abroad and watching in local bars.

Yeh good game for our opening one.
Man of match…Cal Philps ai reckon, good defending by Walker, Grealish should have been brought on 2nd half,.and what was up with Harry Kane?.. he only had about one chance.
Anyhoo good result, looking forward to Scotland game, need to find somewhere decent to watch it on Friday.
Netherlands on tonight,.should also be a decent game.

The pass to Sterling was class. Mount had a great game too. Was worried about Stones and Mings, but they kept cool. Foden looked amazing, and then faded.
Scotland on friday is going to be epic. The Scots have not been in a tournament for ages. Imagine Foden, with his Gazza hairstyle, doing a mazy run and scoring and re-re-enacting the ‘dentists chair’ celebration. :slight_smile:

robroy:

Janos:

Yeh good game for our opening one.
Man of match…Cal Philps ai reckon, good defending by Walker, Grealish should have been brought on 2nd half,.and what was up with Harry Kane?.. he only had about one chance.
Anyhoo good result, looking forward to Scotland game, need to find somewhere decent to watch it on Friday.
Netherlands on tonight,.should also be a decent game.

Watched the game in a restaurant in Saarbrucken and German TV had Sterling as man of the match, while he took the goal with skill he is so wasteful which at this level you can’t afford to be. but by scoring has secured his place in the starting 11 for the next game

Mazzer2:
Watched the game in a restaurant in Saarbrucken and German TV had Sterling as man of the match, while he took the goal with skill he is so wasteful which at this level you can’t afford to be. but by scoring has secured his place in the starting 11 for the next game

Parked up just over the border at the old SVG Autohof behind the McDonald’s?
Used to park their and walk down to the bar/Restaurant a couple of hundred yards away.

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Mazzer2:

Used to park their and walk down to the bar/Restaurant a couple of hundred yards away.

Aye on the opposite side as heading into Germany, was in the restaurant called Neue Mohr’sche Anlage a decent spot just down from McD’s.

Mazzer2:

Grumpy_old_trucker:

Mazzer2:

Aye on the opposite side as heading into Germany, was in the restaurant called Neue Mohr’sche Anlage a decent spot just down from McD’s.

That’s the place I used to walk to, nice food.
Used to weekend there regularly but never saw any other Brits, the so called Autohof wasn’t much, didn’t open on a Sunday.

Whats not to like so far? Some epic games. Nederlanders looking cool in their retro kit. Scotland are woeful. Beat them and we are through.
Spain vs Sweden tonight. Think the concept of playing some games at home for every team should be kept. Rather than one country hosting it.

Double post

Janos:
Whats not to like so far? Some epic games. Nederlanders looking cool in their retro kit. Scotland are woeful. Beat them and we are through.
Spain vs Sweden tonight. Think the concept of playing some games at home for every team should be kept. Rather than one country hosting it.

Yep I enjoyed the Holland game also.
That sub that came on last night for NL, I thought I’d gone back in time to the 80s and Ruud Gullit was coming on. :smiley:
First time they’ve qualified for ages,.always liked Holland as an International team, (the wife says I have to. :laughing: )
The best memories of them was Euro 96 when God (aka Alan Shearer) banged in 2 goals against them, then the SAS (Shearer and Sheringham) kicked in and Sheringhsm scored another.

Really wanted Scotland to win today tbh, …but ffs :unamused:
That second goal when the keeper was rushing back to his area like a greyhound and collided with the net after the Czech took a shot from the half way line and scored was comedy gold. :smiley: …and the first half when the guy had a goal scoring opportunity and his mate stood in front of him, body checked him and blocked him off. :unamused: .
May be proven wrong,.and we!ve been talking about this, one of my son in laws is a Jock, but I don’t think we’ve much to worry about on Friday night. :smiley:

friday is the jocks cup final, beat us and they will be over the moon… i can see us giving them a spanking their back 4 looks ropey and sterling and kane could make mugs of them if they turn up…

No sentiment. Just do the Jocks. (Sorry Robbo). Scotland today played like England used to. Stupid errors.
That long range goal reminded me of Seaman, when Ronaldhino done him.
The Dutch are true enigmas. If they start squabbling they could fall to pieces.
Love seeing them in tournaments though. Full house of their fans is amazing. The skillful players they have produced is just ridiculous. Before you even talk about Cruyff, Gullit etc, think about THAT volley from Van Basten, or any Arie Haan long range rocket.

Janos:
No sentiment. Just do the Jocks. (Sorry Robbo). Scotland today played like England used to. Stupid errors.
That long range goal reminded me of Seaman, when Ronaldhino done him.
The Dutch are true enigmas. If they start squabbling they could fall to pieces.
Love seeing them in tournaments though. Full house of their fans is amazing. The skillful players they have produced is just ridiculous. Before you even talk about Cruyff, Gullit etc, think about THAT volley from Van Basten, or any Arie Haan long range rocket.

If you mean me don’t apologise,.I’m 100% English despite the name. :smiley: so dead on mate…do the Jocjks. :laughing:

Holland have had some great players, today Vijnaldum for instance ex Newcastle btw, (why tf did we not get him back on a free after he finished this season at Liverpool :unamused: ) Tim Krull, great keeper ex Newcastle…where is he now?
Past players…Ayen Roben springs to mind (despite his diving abilities equal to Tom Daley :laughing: )
Edgar Davids who wore the shades due to glaucoma,.and Patrick Kluyvert who ended up at Newcastle, but didn’t do much there tbh.

Putting a tenner on 4 1 on Friday…to Scotland

Joking btw. :laughing: