Restores your faith

A nice display of kindness this morning, making a change from the usual array of bad manners and I’m all right Jack attitudes amongst our fellow drivers.
Went to Gregg’s this morning at Bridgwater Services for a bacon sarnie and a latte, came to about 3 quid., went to show my card contactless, and it asked me to put in and use pin no.
Had a bit of a senior moment :unamused: …could I ■■■■ remember the pin no :unamused:
Said to the girl ‘Need to go back to truck to get my number.’’ when the guy behind me., obviously a fellow trucker who I’d never seen before, said…‘‘I’ll get that for you mate’’ :open_mouth:
I was taken aback, thanked him but refused his kind offer., and went back for my number.

Just thought it was a nice touch anyhoo.
As I say., it kinda restores your faith in human nature gestures like that.

robroy:
A nice display of kindness this morning, making a change from the usual array of bad manners and I’m all right Jack attitudes amongst our fellow drivers.
Went to Gregg’s this morning at Bridgwater Services for a bacon sarnie and a latte, came to about 3 quid., went to show my card contactless, and it asked me to put in and use pin no.
Had a bit of a senior moment :unamused: …could I [zb] remember the pin no :unamused:
Said to the girl ‘Need to go back to truck to get my number.’’ when the guy behind me., obviously a fellow trucker who I’d never seen before, said…‘‘I’ll get that for you mate’’ :open_mouth:
I was taken aback, thanked him but refused his kind offer., and went back for my number.

Next time you go in a Spoons the lasses will be standing up and offering you a seat.....Ya ole duffer / / Dont ask how I know

Cheers for that mate… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

Btw he was only a couple of years younger than me. :smiley:

robroy:
Cheers for that mate… :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

!!
And, if you`d accepted, would this younger guy have asked for your contact details so you could repay him, I wonder?..
Lucky escape…

For him.

A couple of years ago we were over in the U.K. and decided to stop at a service area at the junction of the A49 and the A5 for a coffee. The shop was packed and the old guy in front of me had the same problem as Rob and couldn’t remember his pin number so he shouted over to his wife who was stood by the door. “WHAT’S MY PIN NUMBER BRONWYN”.
Poor Bronwyn, red faced, came pushing through the crowd saying “you bloody idiot you’re supposed to keep it a secret”.
I think that we all know what the atmosphere in their car would of been like on their way home. :unamused:

mushroomman:
A couple of years ago we were over in the U.K. and decided to stop at a service area at the junction of the A49 and the A5 for a coffee. The shop was packed and the old guy in front of me had the same problem as Rob and couldn’t remember his pin number so he shouted over to his wife who was stood by the door. “WHAT’S MY PIN NUMBER BRONWYN”.
Poor Bronwyn, red faced, came pushing through the crowd saying “you bloody idiot you’re supposed to keep it a secret”.
I think that we all know what the atmosphere in their car would of been like on their way home. :unamused:

What an idiot :unamused: , of course you keep it secret.
There is no way I would tell anybody that my pin no is 7665.
Some people are just thick.

About twenty years ago I worked for a company who had just spent thousands of dollars installing a new security system which included one of those key pads on the front door. Some bright spark decided to write the four digit code on the key pad so that we could all remember it. :bulb:

How many use “password” as a password?
At a well known high security project many of the cabinets had combination locks many were left on factory settings, and this is genuine high security…
Feynman on the Manhattan Project.

robroy:
Cheers for that mate… :unamused: [emoji38] [emoji38]

But still in full control of all his faculties…?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

robroy:
Had a bit of a senior moment :unamused: …could I [zb] remember the pin no :unamused:

I would have ordered the entire menu mate. Kindness is weakness.

You reinforced that view by taking advantage of my ‘new’ kind nature recently by emptying my pallet fund on your oversize belly at Lymm. Folk on here are right, you’re just a bully :unamused: :laughing:

:grimacing:

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

You reinforced that view by taking advantage of my ‘new’ kind nature recently by emptying my pallet fund on your oversize belly at Lymm. Folk on here are right, you’re just a bully :unamused: :laughing:

:grimacing: :laughing: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

robroy:

Just noticed your post Beaver boy, this pre mod is doing nothing for you at all.
I ordered the cheapest on the menu to ■■■■ shut you up as you well know. :unamused:

Punchydan says you’ve taken to shouting to random truckers out of the window as they overtake you…a bit like Yozzer, but not Giz a job, but …
Buy ez a brekkie mate.
He said he looked the other way and pretended not to see you, as you embarrassed him… :laughing:
Even Maoster’s blocked you on his phone. :laughing:

I know that the circus is not as popular as it used to be.

Good to know that all the clowns still keep in touch though :unamused: :wink:

As for that Dan fella, what’s that strange design on the grille of his DAF CF? :confused: