Mo Robinson Scania

Just read an article regarding the Essex boys Range Rover is believed to be in the uk with a car collector

Which got me thinking,wonder what happened to the truck and trailer ? Does it get sold and put on the road.

drfence:
Just read an article regarding the Essex boys Range Rover is believed to be in the uk with a car collector

Which got me thinking,wonder what happened to the truck and trailer ? Does it get sold and put on the road.

Interesting question from someone with an equally interesting username

robthedog:

drfence:

:laughing:

On topic I think a while afterwards someone posted a picture of it, or supposedly of it, still running somewhere.

When someone claimed it would get crushed online somewhere, Facebook I think, I was amazed at everyone up in arms that a perfectly serviceable truck was going to be crushed, like it’s a rare collectors item or something or it was one of only 3 trucks in the world, with some literally saying ‘it’s not fair, the truck didn’t do anything wrong’……… people literally said that. Followed by othrrs falling over each other to make themselves out to be the biggest c**** by saying ‘I’d drive it and wouldn’t give its past a second thought’. Yeah chap, that doesn’t make you sound the big man you think you are, it makes you sound like a t**t.

I don’t know what happened to it but it really does need destroying

My guess would be that it has/ will at some stage be on the boat to Walvis Bay.

switchlogic:
When someone claimed it would get crushed online somewhere, Facebook I think, I was amazed at everyone up in arms that a perfectly serviceable truck was going to be crushed, like it’s a rare collectors item or something or it was one of only 3 trucks in the world, with some literally saying ‘it’s not fair, the truck didn’t do anything wrong’……… people literally said that. Followed by othrrs falling over each other to make themselves out to be the biggest c**** by saying ‘I’d drive it and wouldn’t give its past a second thought’. Yeah chap, that doesn’t make you sound the big man you think you are, it makes you sound like a t**t.

Yep. Needs to go the same way as Fred West’s house. Just crush it.

I think it was destroyed,due to its history…

Franglais:

switchlogic:

Mick Philpotts house was flattened as well, dead kids tend to put people off moving in.

switchlogic:

It will be in a police auction sold off as proceeds of a crime

robthedog:

From someone…

Who possibly will only make one post on this forum.

I don’t get all the fuss.
I don’t particularly care what happens to it, but if it is to be destroyed is it not a bit ott?
It’s involvement and it.'s history would be irrelevant to me., nor would it be a reason for me to actually want it.
At the risk of sounding like 'A complete t…t or c… to Luke :smiley: ,.I would have no qualms about driving it either tbh.,.and unless I was either superstitious or easily upset., of which I am neither, (nor am I trying to be the big man either Luke) …why would I?

If it’s the macabre aspect of it with some, why?.. the dead bodies were not in the cab, but in the trailer, that had only been pulled no more than a mile by that unit, so what’s the problem.
Put different plates on it and paint it if anybody is getting windy about it…why scrap a perfectly good motor?
Just my opinion.

robthedog:

drfence:

Mo’s family want it back, perhaps? sentimental reasons.?

gkdsp:

robthedog:

drfence:

Mo’s family want it back, perhaps? sentimental reasons.?

Send it China, the chinks could have it as a shrine

robroy:
why scrap a perfectly good motor?
Just my opinion.

It’s probably not clean air zone compliant :stuck_out_tongue:

This reminded me of that incident a few years back where that spar driver murdered his girlfriends child in the cab , think she was last seen alive on that filling station on the A605
Surely that motor was crushed ■■?

yourhavingalarf:

robthedog:

From someone…

Who possibly will only make one post on this forum.

After lurking for 8 years!

robroy:
I don’t particularly care what happens to it, but if it is to be destroyed is it not a bit ott?
It’s involvement and it.'s history would be irrelevant to me., nor would it be a reason for me to actually want it.
At the risk of sounding like 'A complete t…t or c… to Luke :smiley: ,.I would have no qualms about driving it either tbh.,.and unless I was either superstitious or easily upset., of which I am neither, (nor am I trying to be the big man either Luke) …why would I?

If it’s the macabre aspect of it with some, why?.. the dead bodies were not in the cab, but in the trailer, that had only been pulled no more than a mile by that unit, so what’s the problem.
Put different plates on it and paint it if anybody is getting windy about it…why scrap a perfectly good motor?
Just my opinion.

It’s weird but a driver died in a truck at a site, had a heart attack and wasn’t discovered until a few hours had passed. That truck was not taken off the road not scrapped and was cleaned and put back on the fleet.

No one particularly liked driving it tbh after that and with reasonable reason to be fair.

IMHO it should not have been out back on the road. But then again in the same vein people live in houses people have died in fairly often.

It just didn’t quite feel respectful to me to the deceased driver or his family.

But as you say with the unit it was used to pull the trailer that those people died in so the unit is fairly irrelevant to me.

However the trailer should certainly have been crushed IMHO but I doubt it was and imagine its back on the road sadly.

Wheel Nut:

Franglais:

switchlogic:

Mick Philpotts house was flattened as well, dead kids tend to put people off moving in.

Bit like Fred’s house in Gloucester , that got knocked down after all there was a lot of holes made in it by the police

simcor:

robroy:

Just my opinion.

It’s weird but a driver died in a truck at a site, had a heart attack and wasn’t discovered until a few hours had passed. That truck was not taken off the road not scrapped and was cleaned and put back on the fleet.

No one particularly liked driving it tbh after that and with reasonable reason to be fair.

IMHO it should not have been out back on the road. But then again in the same vein people live in houses people have died in fairly often.

It just didn’t quite feel respectful to me to the deceased driver or his family.

But as you say with the unit it was used to pull the trailer that those people died in so the unit is fairly irrelevant to me.

However the trailer should certainly have been crushed IMHO but I doubt it was and imagine its back on the road sadly.

Maybe I’m the only insensitive one on here, I don’t know.
Rightly or wrongly if I still had my own business and that trailer was for sale very cheap because of it’s history,.I would not think twice about snapping it up and using it.
If that makes me sound like a …whatever :neutral_face: , then I make no apologies, it’s just the way I am.
On the other hand if I had a car that a loved one died in, I’d torch it myself.

robthedog:

switchlogic:

It will be in a police auction sold off as proceeds of a crime

For most crime this is certainly the way as you say but I do think this is an extreme case