EV charging stations vat price increase

It didn’t take the HMRC barstewards long to increase the VAT on electricity at public chargers from 5% VAT to the full 20% VAT from the 1st of June :smiling_imp: At £0.40/kWh at the Instavolt public chargers, It’s debatable if it’s now cheaper than running a small diesel engined car (for the next five years at least) until the Euro Cat 7 comes into effect. It wont bother me as I only charge at home on a £0.05/kWh overnight price :smiley: insideevs.com/news/510932/charg … crease-uk/

lancpudn:
It didn’t take the HMRC barstewards long to increase the VAT on electricity at public chargers from 5% VAT to the full 20% VAT from the 1st of June :smiling_imp: At £0.40/kWh at the Instavolt public chargers, It’s debatable if it’s now cheaper than running a small diesel engined car (for the next five years at least) until the Euro Cat 7 comes into effect. It wont bother me as I only charge at home on a £0.05/kWh overnight price :smiley: insideevs.com/news/510932/charg … crease-uk/

As I have no plans to own an EV until petrol and diesel is illegal to own and use it won’t affect me as yet.

However, I do know that EV vehicles will end up costing more to run than diesel now. You’ll have extra charging costs (example above) and road pricing to contend with.

I wouldn’t buy an EV on the understanding theybare cheaper to run. Like with insurance premiums, you’re offered a cheap way in - before they shaft you down the line. EVs are just a way to make (even more) money.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

lancpudn:

Or…
An electricity supply company was mistakenly charging too low a rate of tax. They benefited from increased market share, due to lower prices, whilst hospitals and schools are deprived of funds?
And let’s all blame the “tax man”.

lancpudn:

Who would have thought it.
EV owners are just parasites milking the tax system and using subsidised electric at the expense of pensioners having to choose between eating or heating.Karma will be a ■■■■■.
Good luck with the EV when your 0.05p per kwh goes up to 16p per kwh + road fuel duty + 20% VAT.
As opposed to petrol at 12p per KWH including road fuel duty and 20% VAT.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

EV owners are just parasites milking the tax system and using subsidised electric at the expense of pensioners having to choose between eating or heating.Karma will be a ■■■■■.
Good luck with the EV when your 0.05p per kwh goes up to 16p per kwh + road fuel duty + 20% VAT.

LOL Savvy more like, I look at it (for me personally) as a rebate as I’ve been paying the extortionate price of petrol the HMRC robbers charge for over 50 years, Time for some payback.
July 14th our EU masters will change those figures “A revision of the EU’s energy taxation directive is also expected to focus on taxing fossil fuels more heavily, including petroleum products.” All part of the Paris Accord. euractiv.com/section/energy … r-big-oil/

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

LOL Savvy more like, I look at it (for me personally) as a rebate as I’ve been paying the extortionate price of petrol the HMRC robbers charge for over 50 years, Time for some payback.
July 14th our EU masters will change those figures “A revision of the EU’s energy taxation directive is also expected to focus on taxing fossil fuels more heavily, including petroleum products.” All part of the Paris Accord. euractiv.com/section/energy … r-big-oil/

Let’s ditch the global warming bollox.
Anyone using red diesel could justifiably use excatly the same excuse.
Your case is clearly based on a selfish discrimatory tax avoidance and energy price subsidies for some at the expense of others.Even worse trying to paint nuclear power generation as safe to meet that selfish aim.
Then you moan when the government double crosses you for the selfish fools you really are.Which part of 16p per kwh + road fuel duty and 20% VAT didn’t you understand.

Or more like you know that it’s just a wealth redistribution scam in favour lying communists in with China is a self proclaimed special case which can burn all the cheap safe fossil fuel that you want us to stop using.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Let’s ditch the global warming bollox.
Anyone using red diesel could justifiably use excatly the same excuse.
Your case is clearly based on a selfish discrimatory tax avoidance and energy price subsidies for some at the expense of others.Even worse trying to paint nuclear power generation as safe to meet that selfish aim.
Then you moan when the government double crosses you for the selfish fools you really are.Which part of 16p per kwh + road fuel duty and 20% VAT didn’t you understand.

Or more like you know that it’s just a wealth redistribution scam in favour lying communists in with China is a self proclaimed special case which can burn all the cheap safe fossil fuel that you want us to stop using.

God you’re a miserable get.

Pay big bucks for one and they reckon the battery life is about 10 years, and that’s the most expensive part of the car, it’s a no brainer

Gridserve have just bought out the electric highway from Ecotricity to transform the old dated unreliable ecotricity chargers at motorway services for brand new up to date ones that can charge at 350kws if your EV is capable of those speeds,
gridserve.com/braintree-overview/