New Deltic for Trucks

It’s all here
“Walmart fleet testing the world’s ‘cleanest combustion engine’ | Commercial Carrier Journal” ccjdigital.com/regulations/ … ion-engine

Franglais:
It’s all here
“Walmart fleet testing the world’s ‘cleanest combustion engine’ | Commercial Carrier Journal” ccjdigital.com/regulations/ … ion-engine

Interesting but, presuming it can manage really good emissions, will it have come too late to influence politicians here and in Europe? Would they even be interested?

Dipster:

Franglais:
It’s all here

Interesting but, presuming it can manage really good emissions, will it have come too late to influence politicians here and in Europe? Would they even be interested?

Not about to change the world, but interesting in it’s own right?

Franglais:

Dipster:

Franglais:
It’s all here

Not about to change the world, but interesting in it’s own right?

Very interesting, the mighty Napier Deltic and Commer TS3 2 stroke opposed piston engines would make Greta and her disciples incandescent with rage with the smoke they produce, so it’s very impressive what’s been achieved here as let’s face it, electric powered heavy goods vehicles are a long way off, if ever feasible.

Dipster:

Franglais:
It’s all here

I’d say it’s way to late! This July sees Transport being brought into the ETS emissions trading system with even stricter emission standards & the new buzz word around the EU is ‘Fit for 55’! That refers to the EU’s 55% emissions-reduction target for 2030. euractiv.com/section/emissi … than-good/

Forced induction two stroke is the most efficient engine design who would have thought it.
Bonus points for ‘gaseous fuels’ but obviously mutually exclusive with compression ignition.
They’ve obviously been reading my posts.I should sue em for nicking my intellectual property. :laughing:

lancpudn:
I’d say it’s way to late! This July sees Transport being brought into the ETS emissions trading system with even stricter emission standards & the new buzz word around the EU is ‘Fit for 55’! That refers to the EU’s 55% emissions-reduction target for 2030. euractiv.com/section/emissi … than-good/

There’s nothing in the 55% figure that would stop hydrogen fuelled ICE powered vehicles.
While the whole bs agenda is totally dependent on nuclear power being affordable and safe.Good luck with that.
Europe’s first major nuclear disaster will be its last and the climate change zealots will all be running for the hills shouting it wasn’t us wot dun it.If the cost of this nuclear and tree burning fuelled utopia doesn’t bankrupt consumers first.

How many died in Japan because of Fukushima incident?
How many in Chernobyl and other nuclear incidents?
How many have died and die today, because of oil, coal or other forms of fuel production?
Piper Alpha, Deep Water Horizon, Alexander L Kielland.
BP Texas City.

How many die from coal mining accidents, or silocosis? How many lives shortened by smoke pollution?
Nuclear power is not without risk or fatality, neither are other power sources…
Ever heard of Aberfan?

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

There’s nothing in the 55% figure that would stop hydrogen fuelled ICE powered vehicles.
While the whole bs agenda is totally dependent on nuclear power being affordable and safe.Good luck with that.
Europe’s first major nuclear disaster will be its last and the climate change zealots will all be running for the hills shouting it wasn’t us wot dun it.If the cost of this nuclear and tree burning fuelled utopia doesn’t bankrupt consumers first.

They want to go into hydrogen in a big way for freight transport, they just want to kill off diesel. The interim will be LPG conversions until they get the right colour of hydrogen manufactured.

I see Portsmouth have already started to install 39 ANPR cameras ready for their CAZ in Autumn. :open_mouth:

Quote : “The interim will be LPG conversions…”
I’ve been running my vans on LPG for the last 15 years, but I’ve noticed over the last five years that the number of LPG outlets is dwindling year-on-year. There were five within three miles of Barnsley town centre in 2006, there’s just one now. A good few others that I used to use around the country have gone, with hardly any new ones opening. I can’t honestly see much of a future for LPG, even though it is cleaner and cheaper. At least HMG haven’t saddled it with massive taxation (yet).

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

They want to go into hydrogen in a big way for freight transport, they just want to kill off diesel. The interim will be LPG conversions until they get the right colour of hydrogen manufactured.

I see Portsmouth have already started to install 39 ANPR cameras ready for their CAZ in Autumn. :open_mouth:

It’s all still totally dependent on biomass and nuclear fuelled electric at 16p per kwh + road fuel duty and 20% VAT either way to produce the hydrogen.Hydrogen will cost even more than that at the pump but probably still cheaper than hauling tonnes of batteries around.
Having said that the diesel luddites are just providing ammunition to the tree burning and nuke zealots.
Spark ignition, compound turbocharged, two stroke, LPG fuelled, was the way to go for trucks decades ago.So what did GM/Detroit Diesel do. :unamused:

Franglais:
How many died in Japan because of Fukushima incident?
How many in Chernobyl and other nuclear incidents?
How many have died and die today, because of oil, coal or other forms of fuel production?
Piper Alpha, Deep Water Horizon, Alexander L Kielland.
BP Texas City.

How many die from coal mining accidents, or silocosis? How many lives shortened by smoke pollution?
Nuclear power is not without risk or fatality, neither are other power sources…
Ever heard of Aberfan?

Aberfan v Nukes you’re avin a larf.

theparisreview.org/letters-e … alexievich

Oh and since when did we run cars and trucks on welsh coal.
At least now we’re getting to the truth.This is all about the anything but green pro Nuclear lobby and burning down our forests for bio mass v cheap safe fossil fuel.
As opposed to the fluffy friendly wind power narrative that you’re trying to sell to the brainwashed sheep.

fodenway:
I’ve been running my vans on LPG for the last 15 years, but I’ve noticed over the last five years that the number of LPG outlets is dwindling year-on-year. There were five within three miles of Barnsley town centre in 2006, there’s just one now. A good few others that I used to use around the country have gone, with hardly any new ones opening. I can’t honestly see much of a future for LPG, even though it is cleaner and cheaper. At least HMG haven’t saddled it with massive taxation (yet).

So what did the government do.It raised the road fuel duty on LPG. :unamused:
The sheep are only interested in the headline MPG figure and the pump price.Which is why they are happy to save a penny on fuel costs to spend a pound on diesel engine maintenance.
While the vehicle manufacturers can obviously see more profit in trying to flog an EV toy at an ICE price.However they’ve suddenly realised the reality of battery costs and weight for the equivalent energy capacity.Let alone the costs of electricity which will become clear when people realise how much it is plus tax and how far 1kwh of electricity actually gets them.
Followed by having to evacuate their homes and no food caused by the inevitable nuclear disaster polluting the place beyond use.

fodenway:

Blimey! how short sighted is that :astonished: They’ve known these stricter emission standards were coming back in 2015 when they were announced. Just been reading about the money they’re making available to upgrade the whole system ready for 2030. I wonder if there’s money in the kitty for LPG?

"Britain’s energy market regulator Ofgem will invest 300 million pounds ($425 million) in more than 200 low-carbon infrastructure projects to prepare the country for more electric transport and heat.

The investment will be delivered in the next two years and is part of a 40 billion pound investment plan to ensure Britain can move to low-carbon transport and heating while maintaining secure energy supplies." europe.autonews.com/automakers/ … astructure

The “problem” with LPG is that it’s derived from the despised fossil fuels. So, come the electric revolution, where are those of us without the luxury of off-street parking going to charge our precious new steeds?
I shouldn’t worry too much, by then I’ll probably be too old and ga-ga to drive anymore, or just plain dead.

fodenway:
The “problem” with LPG is that it’s derived from the despised fossil fuels. So, come the electric revolution, where are those of us without the luxury of off-street parking going to charge our precious new steeds?
I shouldn’t worry too much, by then I’ll probably be too old and ga-ga to drive anymore, or just plain dead.

Cheap safe fossil fuel production and exploration is actually being increased.
The plan is expensive unnaffordable dangerous nuclear power for us while ‘developing’ sweatshop economies take all the cheap safe fossil fuel.You know like China which has declared itself a ‘developing’ country.

fodenway:

Yeah LPG is akin to the “sustainable” biomass where that allows them to burn whole forests & call it sustainable, It might be a cleaner option to diesel to use it to reduce emissions for as long as PHEVs will be allowed until 2035.

I’ve been doing some more reading into this here ETS (emissions trading system) whereas transport & buildings will be brought into carbon trading for the first time ever, It’s coming into effect in July & the carbon trading prices are soaring.
The speculation in Brussels is it will put 50p on a litre of diesel (not sure on petrol) & since buildings are included i.e. the heating of buildings with gas central heating it will more than double household heating bills in the coming years :open_mouth:

euractiv.com/section/transp … buildings/

lancpudn:

fodenway:

Yeah LPG is akin to the “sustainable” biomass where that allows them to burn whole forests & call it sustainable, It might be a cleaner option to diesel to use it to reduce emissions for as long as PHEVs will be allowed until 2035.

I’ve been doing some more reading into this here ETS (emissions trading system) whereas transport & buildings will be brought into carbon trading for the first time ever, It’s coming into effect in July & the carbon trading prices are soaring.
The speculation in Brussels is it will put 50p on a litre of diesel (not sure on petrol) & since buildings are included i.e. the heating of buildings with gas central heating it will more than double household heating bills in the coming years :open_mouth:

Bring on the widespread rioting as this race to to bottom green agenda ■■■■■■■■ brings the biggest rollback in working class living conditions in a generation.

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

fodenway:

Bring on the widespread rioting as this race to to bottom green agenda ■■■■■■■■ brings the biggest rollback in working class living conditions in a generation.

Yes agreed, it will hit the working class & low income families really hard that’s for sure. :cry: The times are changing that’s for sure! Just been reading that Royal Dutch Shell has been ordered by the high court to reduce emissions by 45% by 2030, an historic first for ‘Friends of the earth Europe’ lawyers. electrek.co/2021/05/26/court-or … ric-first/

bigstraight6:

lancpudn:

fodenway:

Forced to use electric for domestic heating at 16p per kwh + 5% VAT instead of gas at 3p per kwh including 5% VAT and 16p per kwh + road fuel duty + 20% VAT instead of 12p per kwh including road fuel duty and 20% VAT and woodland being burnt as biomass probably won’t be enough to wake up the sheep.
But being told they can never go back to their homes and starvation rations when agriculture is wiped out by a nuclear disaster might be.