Lamborghini to electrify entire range by 2024

Yet another brand transitions over to ‘plug in’ tech. Get yer Lambo’s whilst they’re still on ice :grimacing: pistonheads.com/news/electr … 2024/44170

lancpudn:
Yet another brand transitions over to ‘plug in’ tech. Get yer Lambo’s whilst they’re still on ice :grimacing: pistonheads.com/news/electr … 2024/44170

God. What a sad world we live in now.

I’ll bet those that own the V12s are rubbing their hands together. We’re slowly having all rights eroded by minorities.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

I’ll bet those that own the V12s are rubbing their hands together. We’re slowly having all rights eroded by minorities.

I run the working class V12 ( Jag ) and I’m dreading the future for it certainly not ‘rubbing my hands’ together.
It’s obvious that this tree burning nuclear fuelled utopia ain’t going to work unless they put conventional cars beyond use.Just the withdrawal of fuel supplies and product parts support by stopping/banning the manufacture/remanufacture of major components will be enough to do it.
That situation already applies in the case of Jaguar’s anything but ‘classic parts’ operations.
So bottom or top end rebuild or fuel supplies are off the menu.It’s then just a V12 powered ornament.( Oh and if I could have afforded a Lambo I ( would have ) preferred the 400GT to the rear engined comedy act. :frowning:

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

I don’t think Lamborghini had any choice but to go electric! There are already a handful of electric hyper cars in production now with upwards of 2000hp, If they didn’t keep up with the electric horsepower tech they would have been yesterdays news.

The difference between a hyper car & a fast car, The Porsche Taycan turbo S is one of the fastest road going cars Porsche ever made but it was made to look slow compared to the Croatian Rimac. :open_mouth:

lancpudn:

Truckulent:

lancpudn:

I don’t think Lamborghini had any choice but to go electric! There are already a handful of electric hyper cars in production now with upwards of 2000hp, If they didn’t keep up with the electric horsepower tech they would have been yesterdays news.

The difference between a hyper car & a fast car, The Porsche Taycan turbo S is one of the fastest road going cars Porsche ever made but it was made to look slow compared to the Croatian Rimac. :open_mouth:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeDsBpa0AEc

I’m sure you’re right.

The scary bit is “they had no choice”.

A dystopian society is insidiously creeping in.

lancpudn:

But no one buys a GT car to drive 1/4 mile up the road.
It’s clear that big power long distance GT and electric is an oxymoron because eletric doesn’t contain sufficient energy density to provide sufficient range without impossible battery weight.
Even making any considerable use of a 400 hp engine will only provide around less than 10 mpg at an energy density of 30 kwh per gallon.
So what use is a 2,000 hp EV GT car when it can’t possibly carry sufficient fuelling.
It will take at least a 3.5t van to make any use of even a 1,000 hp motor let alone 2,000 hp with anything like a useful range.
It’s a profit driven bandwagon hoping to sell a worthless toy for a proper ICE price.

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

It’s clear that big power long distance GT and electric is an oxymoron because eletric doesn’t contain sufficient energy density to provide sufficient range without impossible battery weight.
Even making any considerable use of a 400 hp engine will only provide around less than 10 mpg at an energy density of 30 kwh per gallon.
So what use is a 2,000 hp EV GT car when it can’t possibly carry sufficient fuelling.
It will take at least a 3.5t van to make any use of even a 1,000 hp motor let alone 2,000 hp with anything like a useful range.
It’s a profit driven bandwagon hoping to sell a worthless toy for a proper ICE price.

Yes I agree a sports car with a battery pack weighing two ton doesn’t make sense but VW group are committed to BEV’s. There has been an offer to buy Lamborghini for €7.5billion but VW has said Lamborghini is not for sale. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/lam … audi-says/

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

lancpudn:

Yes I agree a sports car with a battery pack weighing two ton doesn’t make sense but VW group are committed to BEV’s. There has been an offer to buy Lamborghini for €7.5billion but VW has said Lamborghini is not for sale. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/lam … audi-says/

It’s clear that 1 the idea of the long distance GT tourer is mutually exclusive with battery fuelled EV because of the energy density problem.Which means a 3.5t van or go home.
Even if it wasn’t 2 the cost of the electricity to charge the tonnes of batteries at 16p per kwh + road fuel duty and 20% VAT isn’t viable.
It’s also obvious that there’s no way that the EV bandwagon can stay on the rails unless it sabotages the continuing choice of conventional ICE powered vehicle use both new and retrospectively.
People will rightly vote with their wallets and that vote isn’t pro EV or belief in the climate change lie.Let alone wanting to turn Europe into a treeless Chernobyl for the privilege.
The rest is just a profit driven corporate coup at least until people wake up to the costs and the implications of this biomass and nuclear fuelled nightmare.

I was waiting for them to bring out a diesel before I bought one. :laughing:

I’m waiting to pick up a cheap miura…once petrol driven cars become worthless,in 5 years.

commonrail:
I’m waiting to pick up a cheap miura…once petrol driven cars become worthless,in 5 years.

Nah, don’t bother.
They ain’t got a big enough boot for the shopping, and you can’t get a tow hook for one.

I’ll have an espada for the shopping run.

commonrail:

You’ve got the timeline right when the bottom will fall out of RV (residual value) Even the fleet guys are noticing it now & we’re nine years away from the ICE ban on new vehicles. :open_mouth: fleetnews.co.uk/news/fleet- … fleetcheck

Excellent.

Rag it for 5 years, then turn it into a piece of garden furniture

Various sources say the UK car fleet is aging… more reliable, less rusty, etc, plus the likelihood of a life curtailed by emissions laws. Why buy another one?
Fewer youngsters getting driving licences, and not “aspiring” to ownership.
The times are achanging.

guideautoweb.com/en/articles/52968/
Believe it’s in tyrells classic workshop atm.
Offered him 6 grand for it…when it’s done

commonrail:

It’ll be ‘worthless’ because you won’t be able to fuel it or maintain it.
What use is it at any price in that case. :confused:

Franglais:

commonrail:

Nah, don’t bother.
They ain’t got a big enough boot for the shopping, and you can’t get a tow hook for one.

Much better to buy a cheap diesel Transit and put a 1,000 hp electric motor in it.There’ll be just about enough payload left for a bit of shopping after all the batteries are loaded.
But you won’t be able to drive it any further than the shops at 16p per kwh + road fuel duty + 20% VAT.
At least until the first major nuclear disaster then the shops won’t have any food to sell even if we can stay at home.

Franglais:
Various sources say the UK car fleet is aging… more reliable, less rusty, etc, plus the likelihood of a life curtailed by emissions laws. Why buy another one?
Fewer youngsters getting driving licences, and not “aspiring” to ownership.
The times are achanging.

Far more sources say that a 21st century Merc rusts worse than a 1970’s BMC.

Carryfast:
[Let alone wanting to turn Europe into a treeless Chernobyl for the privilege.

I do love how you get a particular bee in your bonnet which will hang around for a while before you move on to the next obsession. I bet you were pro nuclear once until someone attached green issues to it. Also what continent is Chernobyl on if not Europe?