Parking at hospitals

Where is the sense in charging for parking at an A&E dept.
The whole idea of A&E is to get there asap, not ■■■■ around hunting for change to go in a car park so they can allow you out of it afterwards by lifting a barrier where you are otherwise trapped.
Took my daughter through with my baby grandson who has hit his head, neither of us have any change, so.I’m faced with parking illegally and risking getting car towed away before I return to it, or sitting in the car myself on the roadside, even though she wanted me to go in with her…which I am doing.
This ■■■■ country is just one big pay pay pay rip off. :smiling_imp:

robroy:
Where is the sense in charging for parking at an A&E dept.
The whole idea of A&E is to get there asap, not [zb] around hunting for change to go in a car park so they can allow you out of it afterwards.
Took my daughter through with my baby grandson who has hit his head, neither of us have any change, so.I’m faced with parking illegally and risking getting car towed away before I return to it, or sitting in the car myself on the roadside, even though she wanted me to go in with her…which I am doing.
This [zb] country is just one big pay pay pay rip off. :smiling_imp:

Strange system.The hospitals here have gates on the exit which use a take ticket on entry method or ANPR and you only need to pay when you leave not on entry.Yep it’s a rip off. :confused:

In my late Mum’s case her palliative categorisation provided free parking for me.Then they arbitrarily withdrew it. :imp:

I have a blue badge and need it . Our hospital have taken over the disabled section for Covid testing (done while they sit in their cars ) and the next nearest disabled parking has the closest 4 bays dedicated to electric cars ( paid charging ) All other areas are double yellow lined , £70fine , no exceptions .

One of my biggest bug bears too. :smiling_imp: I’ve been taking my aged parents to Bolton/Wigan/Wrightington hospitals at least once a week for a decade or so since I retired (just my ol mam now) & it ■■■■■■ me off no end to have to pay, I’ve mainly dodged paying a lot of the time but I was at the eye dept H block at Bolton general the other day with mam & noticed a ‘parking eye’ camera on the wall & new £70 fine notices, there’s even a new contactless payment machine in the main foyer as you go in. :imp:

I took my mum up to the cancer centre at the Western General in Edinburgh last week and the parking fees have been suspended at the moment, don’t know if it’s to do with covid (more people using private cars rather than public transport maybe?) or if it’s going to be a permanent thing. Plenty of spaces too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Son of a B$%^h Just got a parkingeye fine through the letterbox despite paying by contactless card at the new contactless parking machine in the foyer of H block eye dept at Bolton hospital, Can I find the receipt can I bollox :smiling_imp: I’ll have to get a paper statement from the bank as it’s logged on my account and send a copy of that into the robbing barstewards. :smiling_imp: :imp: :smiling_imp:

My car is on my mrs parking permit ( think your allowed 2 cars ) so grantham , Lincoln , Boston is free
Daughter works at city hospital notts , nurse , and after 3/4
Years of trying still cannot get a permit so has to pay at city or queens med when she helps out there , think w/ ends may be free

YES! :smiley: Just got an email back from the Parkingeye people & they’ve cancelled the £70 parking fine at Bolton hospital.

lancpudn:
YES! :smiley: Just got an email back from the Parkingeye people & they’ve cancelled the £70 parking fine at Bolton hospital.

Result mate :sunglasses: …nice one.

GOG47:
I took my mum up to the cancer centre at the Western General in Edinburgh last week and the parking fees have been suspended at the moment, don’t know if it’s to do with covid (more people using private cars rather than public transport maybe?) or if it’s going to be a permanent thing. Plenty of spaces too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parking charges at Scottish hospitals were abolished about 12 years ago, the only exceptions being Glasgow Royal Infirmary, Edinburgh Royal Infirmary and Ninewells in Dundee. Charges at those three were suspended last year although they’ll almost certainly be reintroduced once Covid restrictions have all been lifted. The reason for this being that they were paid for by private sector companies.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

rigsby:
I have a blue badge and need it . Our hospital have taken over the disabled section for Covid testing (done while they sit in their cars ) and the next nearest disabled parking has the closest 4 bays dedicated to electric cars ( paid charging ) All other areas are double yellow lined , £70fine , no exceptions .

You can display the badge on any vehicle (including taxis and hired cars) in which you are travelling as either a driver or a passenger. The scheme only applies to on-street car parking and allows blue badge holders to park: On single or double yellow lines for up to 3 hours as long as there are no loading restrictions.

ROG:

rigsby:

You can display the badge on any vehicle (including taxis and hired cars) in which you are travelling as either a driver or a passenger. The scheme only applies to on-street car parking and allows blue badge holders to park: On single or double yellow lines for up to 3 hours as long as there are no loading restrictions.

It can also provide free parking in hospital and other car parks when it’s displayed.
Unless EV users are considered as being more important as mentioned above.

Carryfast:

ROG:

rigsby:

It can also provide free parking in hospital and other car parks when it’s displayed.

No nowt of the sort! By the time I’d got mam into her wheelchair & found/booked in at the right department reception the 15 minutes your allowed to drop off/collect/ pay for parking had elapsed. It was a few minutes over the 15 minutes by the time I got to this new indoor payment machine so I was deemed a non payer, WTH the parkingeye camera tech cant cross check with the contactless payment machine in these circumstances I don’t know.

lancpudn:

Carryfast:

No nowt of the sort! By the time I’d got mam into her wheelchair & found/booked in at the right department reception the 15 minutes your allowed to drop off/collect/ pay for parking had elapsed. It was a few minutes over the 15 minutes by the time I got to this new indoor payment machine so I was deemed a non payer, WTH the parkingeye camera tech cant cross check with the contactless payment machine in these circumstances I don’t know.

This happened ‘‘in line with government guidance’’ after numerous protests at the removal of free blue badge parking.If it was recent ask the parking contractor for a refund and if they refuse raise the issue with your MP.

kingstonhospital.nhs.uk/wp-cont … e-2021.pdf

epsom-sthelier.nhs.uk/parkin … -hospitals