Honda to go all-in on EV's & fuel cells

Another nail in the coffin of ICE vehicles. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/hon … s-by-2040/

Blimey! Ice vehicle manufacturing is falling like nine pins! Lotus have just confirmed that the Emira out in July will be the companies last petrol engined car. :open_mouth: Another going to all electric way before the 2030 deadline.

lancpudn:
Blimey! Ice vehicle manufacturing is falling like nine pins! Lotus have just confirmed that the Emira out in July will be the companies last petrol engined car. :open_mouth: Another going to all electric way before the 2030 deadline.

2030 ain’t that far off though.
Why pay to design and develop a new car that will be unsellable in 8 years or less? Not enough time to recoup investment.
Lotus Elise was produced from 1996, Exige from 2000.
There won’t be many new non elec cars coming from anyone I’d have thought.

Franglais:

lancpudn:

Why pay to design and develop a new car that will be unsellable in 8 years or less? Not enough time to recoup investment.

Yeah the legacy OEM guys are going to be left with £billions of stranded assets as the BEV technology is moving so fast anyone with an ICE car in the next five years it will be like owning a horse. :open_mouth:

And now the government have given the go ahead for self driving cars where as long as you are alert you don’t even have to have your hands on the steering wheel.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

rearaxle:
And now the government have given the go ahead for self driving cars where as long as you are alert you don’t even have to have your hands on the steering wheel.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

The Transport Secretary is considering allowing drivers to take their hands off the wheel on motorways, and let the car stick to the lane and keep a distance from the car in front.

The Times reports that Grant Shapps could allow the change by the summer which it says will mean drivers could watch a film, check emails or texts while at the wheel.

However, the report adds that the government is stepping back from a plan to allow this at 70mph and signalled that it will apply in stop-start motorway traffic at speeds of up to 37mph.

Quoted Elsewhere on this forum.

Franglais:

lancpudn:

I read that the Radford company which Jenson Button revived is in talks with Lotus to buy the Elise tooling todaynewspost.com/auto-news/lot … ports-car/

There may be more bad news in store for car manufacturers which could come even sooner than 2030! VW signals it will be happy with even more stringent emission limits & they cant wait for the other legacy car manufacturers to play catch up. “The EU last month raised its target for cuts in net greenhouse gas emissions to 55% by 2030 from 1990 levels instead of 40%, and Europe’s automakers will find out in July what their contribution on CO2 emissions is expected to be”. todaynewspost.com/auto-news/vol … in-europe/