For sale

My car

the maoster:
My car

A gull wing death trap with a rear mounted V6 Renault motor.Probably worth more for the stainless sheet metal scrap value. :laughing: If it absolutely has to be rear/mid engine I’ll take a De Tomaso Pantera… then I’ll flog it for an Iso Grifo. :wink:

Carryfast:

the maoster:
My car

A gull wing death trap with a rear mounted V6 Renault motor.Probably worth more for the stainless sheet metal scrap value. :laughing: If it absolutely has to be rear/mid engine I’ll take a De Tomaso Pantera… then I’ll flog it for an Iso Grifo. :wink:

But I think the DeLorean was an example a masterly ripping off of a government! The UK government unfortunately…

Dipster:

Carryfast:

the maoster:
My car

But I think the DeLorean was an example a masterly ripping off of a government! The UK government unfortunately…

Or just proof that elite school educated nerds know absolutely nothing about cars.Although they were only standing as an agent between the taxpayer and the car dealer in this case so who knows and all bets are off if the kick back was right.
The irony when the Italians could do a far better more honest deal.Just think what might have been if they’d have based their car industry on stainless steel car bodies.
As for the movie product placement.Hollywood also has form there in trying to make the case that a Volkswagen Beetle was better, faster and worth more than an AC Cobra and a 427 Corvette combined. :laughing:

LOL I actually drove one of these in the mid 1980’s at a classic car show, what a gutless turd of a car it is to drive, A lesson in how to take the UK taxpayer to the cleaners by that bent git John DeLorean.

lancpudn:
LOL I actually drove one of these in the mid 1980’s at a classic car show, what a gutless turd of a car it is to drive, A lesson in how to take the UK taxpayer to the cleaners by that bent git John DeLorean.

How could someone who was in charge of the Pontiac GTO have wanted to make that thing.It makes no sense.Other than a scam by Renault to offload a load of its zb engines at the UK taxpayers’ expense.Meanwhile Rover and Triumph were chucked under the bus. :unamused: