European Super League

Again the alleged…

Beautiful game has shown it’s true colour and that colour is green.

In what appears a desperate attempt to continue financing players, directors, managers, staff and anyone else who is on the payroll for this ■■■■ show money pit, they have decided to stick two fingers up at the fans. These are the same fans that stand in the rain, queue up to urinate in stinky football stand bogs, pay stupid money for Bovril on a stick, cheeseburgers that would be unfit for human consumption anywhere else in the country and last but not least, over a hundred quid every time the team changes it’s strip which can be twice a season.

I’ve never followed this pied piper money chase despite enjoying playing it for all the schools teams I went to.

Someone explain to me why this is taking front page news and attempting to place it’s importance on par with the start of the third world war.

3 billion euros worth of business for just half a dozen clubs?
soccer.nbcsports.com/2020/01/15 … rich-list/
In 2019 the entire UK fishing industry was less than a third of that
gov.uk/government/news/fish … spectively.
And that has been in the papers more than a little lately!
Apart from the greed and morality of owners, it is seriously big business.

If you ain’t a fan, you don’t understand the passion involved in football…simple,.and I wouldn’t expect any non fan to tbh.
It’s like me and cricket, I just don’t get it, …each to his own and all that. :bulb:

Anyhoo my take on it…If greedy ■■■■■ the like of Man Utd want to leave the Premier league, they can ■■■■ right off for me, good riddance.
There are 2 leagues within the Premier League already,.there has been since 5 or so years since after it first started.
Blackburn Rovers were the first Champions, …(ok fair enough they had Alan Shearer playing for them at the time), where are they now ffs?
Leicester won it a few seasons ago, the amount of surprise and disbelief in the football world says it all.

, Far too much money in football today,.and it goes to the same clubs.
Ok,.I’ll admit, there’s a bit of jealousy :blush: , look at the outcry when the Saudis were going to take US over,.I don’t remember the same ■■■■■■■■ being spouted when the SAME Saudi family took Man City over. :smiling_imp:
Too much ■■■■ elitism in the Prem.
youtu.be/aPewg7GlwH8

The problem with with the so called super league clubs is most are in debt upto their eyeballs, Barcelona 1 billion,spurs 545 million ect…so when JPMorgan offer 3.5 billion it’s a no brainer

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Surely at this…

Present moment in time, government ministers have much more important matters to deal with than 22 poofters kicking a bag of wind around?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56807515

Government ministers ffs!

yourhavingalarf:
Surely at this…

Present moment in time, government ministers have much more important matters to deal with than 22 poofters kicking a bag of wind around?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56807515

Government ministers ffs!

We need a “like” button for this post!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Shearers idea of chucking a grenade back at them. :stuck_out_tongue:

There is FAR too much football on Television as it is. I tolerate having my wife’s team - Newcastle - appearing, never even get to hear about my own - Inverurie Loco Works, so I propose that if this league goes ahead then the Government jams TV, sattelite and internet broadcast of superleague games. No video revenue = no league. Perhaps we could have Hycinth Bucket as the default viewing. :smiley:

Can I just point out that we already have a “Super League” where teams of superfit athletes compete against each other without cheating and diving or generally acting like dying swans.

All credit to my team, Charlton Athletic, who refuse to get involved with the European Super League. :stuck_out_tongue:

ah well the greedy barks dipped their toes in the water and found it a little too hot…did’nt last long did it… :smiley: :smiley:

p.s . thanks for lee bowyer harry :wink:

European Super League… it’s like agreeing to a big lad’s night out, without running it by the missus first!

Inviting Tottenham is somewhat akin to me turning up at The Crucible and putting a 50 pence piece on the table!

the maoster:
Inviting Tottenham is somewhat akin to me turning up at The Crucible and putting a 50 pence piece on the table!

:unamused: ffs its 2 quid for the light nowadays mate… :wink:

Jeez! This is precisely why my pool/snooker career never took off!

m.a.n rules:

the maoster:

:unamused: ffs its 2 quid for the light nowadays mate… :wink:

His favourite trick in the boozer is handing you some money saying…
‘It’s my round,.I’m gan to the bog, you get em in’
You look down he’s gave you £2.50. :unamused:
:laughing:

Harsh, hurtful and completely true!

latest talk is of a ‘Super British League’,including Rangers and another Scottish team,can’t remember who,so i wonder if that will come about. We’ve already got ‘the cream’ of Wales in the league’s :laughing: so might as well have the Jocks

the maoster:

:grimacing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: