Who on TNUK has had the Covid Jab?

Who on TNUK has had the Covid Jab or more to the point who will own up to being young enough to have it !!

The missus had her first one a week ago in our house, mine could either be late next month or possibly slighty earlier as our area is well ahead of schedule.

Pete.

I would have thought quite a few on the site will have had it or have an appointment by now, me and the missus are in the 5th group so maybe late Feb or March before it comes to us but our area has had the highest Vaccine administered count in the country so if that rate keeps up it may be earlier, I think it depends on supplies now though. Franky.

I got mine on Tuesday and the wife got hers on Thursday , old codgers first . Have Harry and Larry been for it yet ?

You would have needed a jab for food poisoning if you sailed on the freighters to the French ports and ate their steak blue or raw steak in the drivers dining area , back in the 80s and 90s .

Yes indeedy, Mr & Mrs GOM (both 80+) got ours last Saturday. No problems, no after effects, nowt to it. And we’ve got an appointment for the second instalment…April 1st. :smiley:

Had mine end of December,no problems,still waiting for second one.

Greetings,All.
I’ve had both of mine in the last two months.No serious side effects.It’s roughly,in my opinion,the same as a Flu jab.
Stay safe everybody,all the best ,900x20. :laughing:

My good lady & I have had ours,So just waiting for the second one, We are close to the Medical center where we reside which is a bonus IMO, less than five minutes walk. Stay safe everyone, Regards Larry.

I had the Pfizer jab last week. Pfizer was the firm that put ■■■■■■ pills on the market so I was disappointed when the nurse only told me that I might get a stiff arm. I have had no after effects at all.

I’m having my first jab tomorrow. Seems a bit strange when I can almost see the factory from my front door- I had considered getting one of the workers to slip a couple of doses out in their lunch box!

Mrs Nut is having her first one on Friday, but that is because of her job.

Getting my jab tomorrow (friday) at 11.52am. Last week it was the shingles vaccination, the week before that a blood test, it seems that once you reach 70 they find every excuse going to make holes in you! :unamused:

Pete.

Wheel Nut:
Mrs Nut is having her first one on Friday, but that is because of her job.

Apart from an over the top security check, she was vaccinated yesterday, didn’t feel much of anything but now complaining of a stiff arm. :stuck_out_tongue:

no one living in the EU :smiley:

Interestingly on BBC breakfast today Dr Chris Smith was saying that the second jab could be different from the first and that might be advantageous but there is no evidence either way on the mixing

Might be useful if those that had the Pfizer as jab 1 can have the Oxford as jab 2 in the event that the EU stop supplies

So far no word on how it affects those who have had covid and using the jab as a booster

i’m far too young at the moment :slight_smile:

Had mine at noon on friday, no aching arm but by 7pm I was freezing cold yet sweating profuseley and also had blurred vision. Went to bed but couldn’t sleep, took some Paracetamol yesterday which they advise as these ‘flu like’ symptoms are the commonest reaction to the vaccine and still felt lousy all day. However I slept for five hours last night which is my usual time (even after being retired from driving since 2002 I still wake at 5am every morning !) and today I feel fine. Two of Mrs Windrush’s carers had the same result after their jabs, one was off work for a couple of days.

Pete.

Got my appointment for Friday.
I’m 73, so good progress in the Penzance area considering the high level of retiree immigration during recent years.

I had my first one yesterday, got my next one on the 5th April, I’m only 53, however, I jumped the queue as I’m an ambulance service community first responder.