1988 Volvo test drive

This guy Stavros is the only truck YouTuber I subscribe to as he makes some interesting videos of vintage stuff, and is funny too.
He also knows what he is talking about having been brought up in haulage, unlike the “road legends” which is akin to sitting in an RDC waiting room for the duration.

Here is a nice clip of test driving some new Volvo’s in 1988.
The F16 makes a nice noise…
He was filming his content 20 years before YouTube was even invented!

youtu.be/wmnUTjPt4m4

Oh God they will all be on here shortly…
[emoji1783][emoji1783][emoji1783]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

idrive:
This guy Stavros is the only truck YouTuber I subscribe to as he makes some interesting videos of vintage stuff, and is funny too.
He also knows what he is talking about having been brought up in haulage, unlike the “road legends” which is akin to sitting in an RDC waiting room for the duration.

youtu.be/wmnUTjPt4m4

Would just like to clarify that i too was bought up in haulage. I’m a 3rd generation truck driver. My dad and his dad before him have drove trucks for a living.
I’ve been around trucks since i was a baby. So 30 years. People think im new to the industry when in reality i’ve been around it all my life

LukeCinaHGV:

idrive:

youtu.be/wmnUTjPt4m4

Would just like to clarify that i too was bought up in haulage. I’m a 3rd generation truck driver. My dad and his dad before him have drove trucks for a living.
I’ve been around trucks since i was a baby. So 30 years. People think im new to the industry when in reality i’ve been around it all my life

Luke ,thanks for clarifying your past even though no one asked or really cares

Interesting video ,I’ve never heard a Volvo yet that sounds good except the ■■■■■■■ powered ones of course.

spike78:

LukeCinaHGV:

idrive:

You’re welcome

youtu.be/wmnUTjPt4m4

youtu.be/wmnUTjPt4m4
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Brutal [emoji23]

spike78:

LukeCinaHGV:

idrive:

youtu.be/wmnUTjPt4m4

I was thinking the same tbh. :smiley:
(Got to say though, only 30 and already a ‘legend’ that’s some achievement eh? :smiley: )

Yep, sorry but that is deffo on a need to know basis…(or even a ‘I need everybody to know’ basis from his point of view :unamused: )
I’ll just put that on my ‘I couldn’t give a toss list’'. :neutral_face:

Yea its amazing what I’ve achieved in such a short period of time. When singing “we are the champions” from Queen, I change the lyrics to, “I am a legend” The following lyrics particularly ring true.

I’ve taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it’s been no bed of roses
No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain’t gonna lose
I am a legend, my friends
And I’ll keep on fighting 'til the end.
I am a legend
I AM A LEGEND
No time for losers
'Cause i am 1 of 5 legends, of the world.

Anyway, remember that.

Good day :wink:

Ok, I like it, :smiley: … but you’re talking to a Queen fan here mate…don’t diss the Mercury. :smiley:

Never watched one of your vids tbh, nor any of your fellow (self named) legends, although I did dip into a couple for all of 59 seconds…(couldn’t get to the full minute. :smiley: ) the last time this stuff came up on here…
So…

If you really want to equate them to a Queen track, have a look at the album ‘The Miracle’ there’s a track on there that kinda sums up the cack…(sorry content :blush: ) you guys put out.

It’s called ‘‘Chinese Torture’’ :laughing:
I thank you. :sunglasses:

Another queen fan here. Still got the 14 albums on vinyl I bought as a youth back in the 80’s! [emoji2]

nomiS36:
Another queen fan here. Still got the 14 albums on vinyl I bought as a youth back in the 80’s! [emoji2]

Queen at Live Aid = best live set ever !

I hurled pipes round a yard in edinburgh prvate yard i must say. Althougb i did get a ■■■■■■ one night offering bj for 5 quid and full ■■■ 20 nicker. Best job i ever had. The steel pipes went onto railways. I just drove 360 all day.

My family have been in road transport so long that fathers,fathers,fathers,father’s tractor unit had four legs and ran on hay.

spike78:

nomiS36:

And then the lead singer died of it-brutal.

well at least they reformed once he died of aids of the bumhole and kept the legend alive and kicking,touring everywhere and selling out concerts as

" right freds dead".■■ :slight_smile:

Beau Nydel:

spike78:

nomiS36:

And then the lead singer died of it-brutal.