A man was travelling in a hot air ballon

and after a period of time realised he was lost.
He reduced his altitude and spotted a man, who was walking below, he reduced his altitude some more and shouted to the man “Excuse me, can you help me? I promised a friend I would meet them but I don’t know where I am and if you assist me I will give you a lift to anywhere you wish”.

The man below replied “Your in a hot air balloon hovering around 30ft above the ground and you are between B3130 west and between the A37 south”. The man in the balloon replied “You must be a HGV driver ?” “I am”, replied the man, How did you know?" Well, answered the balloonist, " Everything you have told is probably technically correct but I’ve no idea what to make of your information and the fact is I’m still lost.

Frankly you’ve not been much help at all and if anything, you’ve delayed my trip by your talk".

The man below responded “I take it you are a Logistics manager/Traffic planner?” “I am”, replied the balloonist, "How did you know?

" “Well”, said the man, "You don’t know where you are or where you are going. You have risen to where you are, due to a large quantity of hot air, you have made a promise which you have no idea how to keep and you expect people beneath you to solve your problems.

The fact is, you are exactly in the same position as you were in before we met but somehow it’s now my ■■■■■■■ fault"

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

The thing is we all know us drivers take the ■■■■.

I’d rather have a pointy shoed guy who knows nothing in the office.
Then a guy who has done 20 years driving a truck in the the transport office.

Because I can say from experience the guys who have been out on the road don’t let you get away with nothing.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Like it

adam277:
Because I can say from experience the guys who have been out on the road don’t let you get away with nothing.

This is very true.
The secret is to not take the ■■■■ and you may get treated with respect by a driver TM.
If you’re in a job where you just take the ■■■■ out of each other I’d be moving on mate

adam277:
The thing is we all know us drivers take the ■■■■.

I’d rather have a pointy shoed guy who knows nothing in the office.
Then a guy who has done 20 years driving a truck in the the transport office.

We’ve got a poacher turned gamekeeper in our office. Saying that, he is rather tolerant but there is a line we shouldn’t cross. Yet some drivers think they can get one over on him. Makes me chuckle when they think they’ve outsmarted him and he calls them into the office the very next day.

idrive:

adam277:

This is very true.
The secret is to not take the ■■■■ and you may get treated with respect by a driver TM.
If you’re in a job where you just take the ■■■■ out of each other I’d be moving on mate

Define take the ■■■■?
I’ve done trunking runs where they get ■■■■■ if your more than 15 minutes over the ridiculous tight trunk times. The guys that get all the brownie points are the ones who literally do not stop to take a ■■■■.
I’ve seen drivers that are now in the office who know exactly how long it takes to get from say Essex to Birmingham and back and if they see you stop to get a snack or a ■■■■■ they will pull you up on it.

Also a lot of drivers are pricks to be honest. Not the best personaility types for a job dealing and managing people. :grimacing:
But this is just my experience.